• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Episodic CD Recommendations

QueenSpoo

I have the Babylon 5 collection CD's, but I was wondering if anyone who owned episodic CD's had any that they would suggest as being particularly notable? Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks!

Queen Spoo /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

Interludes and Examinations
Severed Dreams
Into the Fire
Sleeping in Light

Aw hell, I'd also add The Ragged Edge, if only to get that Season 5 theme (love French Horns).

I have the Best of B5 and Objects at Rest and am thinking of getting In the Begining. I ordered them from Chris Franke's site www.sonicimages.com

That being said, later tonight I am going to be posting some MP3s I got from a B5 website (musicofb5.com) which I did some editing myself and put them in order to sort of make a chronology of B5 music as it evolved with the story. They will be available for download later tonight when I get home from work.

"A Late Delivery from Avalon" is very nice; it has a midieval feel to it. It's still B5, but it's differnt B5, and that's what's good about it. It's a good change in pace.

"Sleeping in Light" speaks for itself. A must.

"Endgame" is pretty decent. It's more towards the action side of things, but it has some really really nice emotional moments.

I have the Severed Dreams one, and I could follow the episode in my head to the music. It was awesome. I would recommend this one. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Rommie

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
<font color="yellow"> Originally posted by Rommie69: </font color>
I have the Severed Dreams one, and I could follow the episode in my head to the music.

[/quote]

I'm that way with Interludes and Examinations. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

I've got:
<ul type="square">
[*]The Fall of Night - I love the crescendo at the end of "Kosh Revealed"--it gives me chills to hear it. That whole sequence is my startup sound (from the point when Delenn pleads to Kosh to do something to the point where Sheridan asks "Kosh?") and I made a (rather amateur) wallpaper for my desktop centering around that sequence. I don't know exactly why it touches me so, but that sequence has always struck a deep and powerful chord in me.

[*]Interludes and Examinations - 'nuff said. The music when Kosh is dying and imparting his last words is heartbreaking.

[*]Z'ha'dum - "Into the Abyss" gives me chills similar to "Kosh Revealed"--not as intense, but still. It brings to mind the tortured look on Sheridan's face as Anna approaches, his message to Delenn plays, Kosh urges him to jump, and the White Star crashes down, fulfilling, in a sense, the superstition (borderline prophecy, heh) that "if anything even remotely Vorlon touched Z'ha'dum" the Shadows would die (or at least suffer). I like how this theme reoccurs a couple more times (Lyta setting off Z'ha'dum's "destruct" trigger, and one could argue that Sheridan was, albeit unwittingly, somewhat Vorlon carrying a fragment of one of them inside him...)

[*]Whatever Happened to Mr. Garibaldi? - The "Lorien's Advice/Lorien's Explanation" sequence is one of the most beautiful I've ever seen (and heard). I happened to catch this episode during its original run when I was only familiar with B5 in the most basic sense, so I didn't know the characters very well, and yet this sequence stuck with me for years. There were times (in Napster's heyday) when I would be frantically looking for the music to it and finally ended up buying the CD. I think jms said it best in his usenet post where he says something along the lines of "[instruction to Franke regarding this sequence] 'Break our hearts.' He did."
[/list]

My Sleeping in Light disc is on the way, too, should hopefully be here tomorrow. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

--starfinder

I have Vol. 1 and Vol. 2, the Best of Babylon 5 CD, and the CD's of music from In the Beginning, and Thirdspace.

When it comes to episodic CD's, I have The Fall of Night, WWE 1+2, Sleeping in Light, Endgame, No Surrender No Retreat, Interludes and Examinations, and Z'ha'dum. I like all of them. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Members online

No members online now.
Back