• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

? about Rangers cast

Tyger

Hiya, folks:

Question--if 'Rangers' goes to a series, will there be problems getting the cast to return?

I ask this because the telemovie was filmed a while ago(August, I think?), and the movie itself won't air until Jan 19.

There's a possibility that the actors might find other work in the interim.(after all, they *do* need to work.
wink.gif

Thoughts, anyone?

Tyger

------------------

Welcome to B5LR.com Tyger glad you have found the place.

The acters all seem excited to come back to act in the series when(I know it's a if but I like to say when) it starts filming.

Maybe a couple of the cast will come answer?

------------------
Deviot
Lincbot@yahoo.com.au

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tyger:
Question--if 'Rangers' goes to a series, will there be problems getting the cast to return?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Probably not, but since they're not under contract, anything is possible. <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>I ask this because the telemovie was filmed a while ago(August, I think?), and the movie itself won't air until Jan 19.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Actually, it was May/June I belive. <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>There's a possibility that the actors might find other work in the interim.(after all, they *do* need to work.
wink.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Sure they need to work, but very litte of the work available would keep them ocupied long enough for it to conflict with Rangers. The only real danger would be if any of them got a regular role on another show, and aside from the fact that regular roles are extremly rare for unknows like most of our Rangers, casting for new pilots shouldn't start until well after SciFi has gotten the ratings from the movie.

------------------
"I know how you're feeling... You don't know whether to kiss me or kill me."
"I'm a black widow spider you idiot - I can do both." (hear it)
-- Silverbolt & Blackarachnia, "The Agenda, part 2", Beast Wars

drakh@spamcop.net

Deviot--

Thanks for the welcome!

And you're right--it's *when*, not *if*.
smile.gif

Take Care,

Tyger

------------------

Tyger, I think I can safely say the cast want to be around for this series, but if something does come up then they may have to go with it. SCI FI are putting the stability in jeopardy of a potential series by taking so long.

Thankfully, as far as I know through my communications with the cast, no one has got any big conflicting projects yet. They have been busy, but nothing long term.

Each day that goes past, the bigger the chance of something happening.
frown.gif

We will have to keep our fingers crossed that the actors have lots of work, but nothing that will conflict with B5LR, and of course hope it gets a series too.

------------------
"You're going to die screaming and I'm going to watch."
-- Charlie, The Long Kiss Goodnight.

All of the actors seem to like the idea of doing a Rangers series, so if nothing else comes up & the series is a go, I think we will see them again.

Tammy

------------------

"We're in here! Can anyone hear us?"
"I hear you." [giggle, laugh]
"In here!"
"We are here." [giggle, laugh]
-- Londo and G'Kar in Babylon 5:"Convictions"

Tammy's Station
http://community.webtv.net/gkarfan/TammysStation

I certainly HOPE they'll stick around for a series! It's been cool getting to know some of them, and if they all stick around for a series (if there is one), I would look forward to getting to know all of them either here or on screen.
smile.gif

------------------
Lorien: Who are you?
RW: The salad man.
Lorien: Why are you here?
RW: To be the salad ambassador.
Lorien: What do you want?
RW: Everyone to know the joys of salad.
Lorien: Do you have anything worth living for?
RW: Yes, my salad bars.

Back