• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

any response to the letter writing campain.

• Thread starter **DONOTDELETE**
  • Start date
Response from Wal-Mart today in the mail, and also from Campbells.

Both seemed a bit more than form letters, as the mentioned the advertising campaign specifically. Only the Wal-Mart letter named Rangers, however.

Campbell's sent me several $2 off coupons, however, so that was a nice little bonus.
smile.gif

Ro

------------------
A ship in a port is safe, but that's not what ships are for.

Rear Admiral Grace Murray Hopper

Just got the following reply from The Clorox Co.

Thank you for contacting us recently. We are pleased to learn of you interest in Legend of the Rangers.

We certainly appreciate learning that you found the program worthwile. Since our objective in the purchase of commercial time is to advertise during programning that will favorably reflect the image of The Clorox Company, it is very important for us to learn which shows the television audience finds meaningful.

Thank you again for letting us know that you considered Legend of the Rangers both enjoyable and rewarding.
cool.gif

------------------
God be between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk.

Well, its been over a month since we sent our "Ranger letters" to the sponsors. So far I've received only 4 replies and just one was personalized.

What gives? I thought most sponsors would have replied. Does it take more time? What was the response in former letter-writing campaings?

------------------
God be between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk.

The response numbers and times will vary. Also when several letters come in on the same subject a given company may only elect to respond to a representative sample, rather than to every letter.

Some of the letters also take awhile to wend their way through the corporate structure and get to the right person. My favorite misdirected piece of mail somehow ended up with Good Works, the Wal-Mart Foundation charity. They sent me a form letter explaining their grant-making procedure and regretting that my request for support did not meet their guidelines.
smile.gif

All told I've received five or six responses, including Burger King, McDonalds, Campbell Soup, Daimler-Chrysler and Wal-Mart (the store, this time) which is about what I got during the Crusade campaign in '99.

Regards,

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

joseph-demartino@att.net

Or you could bury your Rangers message INSIDE a 'I bought your soup and it made my child sick' letter. For example:

'I bought your soup and it made my child very sick. I had to take him to the Hospital. The fees were in excess of $500 due to emergency room charges. I am thinking of getting a lawyer and very publically sueing your company, costing you millions in bad publicity. I would be willing to forget about the whole thing IF your company contacts Sci-Fi channel and openly supports 'Babylon 5: Legend of the Rangers' and lobbys for it to become a series, pledging millions in advertising money.

Please consider my offer.
Sincerly,
Recoil
B5LR messageboard handle'

hrmmm, maybe the above isnt such a good idea
smile.gif

------------------
'I don't believe in the no-win scenario' - JTK

Recoil, i like the way you think
smile.gif

btw. is the season 1 dvd box official yet, or is it just a rumour, can't remember anymore.

Again, thanks to all of those who answered

I've received two more this week. From Clorox company and the prize for most on-point response goes to Daimler-Chrysler, who stated right out that they wanted to know that their dollars were reaching their market and thanking me for letting them know it had.

Ro

------------------
A ship in a port is safe, but that's not what ships are for.

Rear Admiral Grace Murray Hopper

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>is the season 1 dvd box official yet, or is it just a rumour, can't remember anymore.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Still a rumor. Since the rumor says that discs aren't due until fall, we may not hear any official word until late summer.

Regards,

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

joseph-demartino@att.net

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joseph DeMartino:
The response numbers and times will vary. Also when several letters come in on the same subject a given company may only elect to respond to a representative sample, rather than to every letter.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or maybe, once they get a number of letters saying a similar thing, they smell "letter writing campaign" and move on to other letters such as "I bought your soup and it made my child sick".

Since Joe was the first one to get his letters out, maybe that is why he has gotten the most response.

------------------

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back