• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

IS THIS THE END OF THE B5 UNIVERSE?

For me it would be more like:
Step 1) Save many pennies to buy a DVD system
Step 2) Save more to buy everything B5-related

Maybe next Christmas. /ubbthreads/images/icons/frown.gif

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Step 1) Save many pennies to buy a DVD system
<hr></blockquote>

Who says you have to buy the player first? /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif Grab that S1 set when it hits the store shelves, buy the player later. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

(Remember, this is all about me and my ability to get the whole series on DVD, not about you and your ability to actually watch and enjoy it. /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif)

(Actually, through circumstances too boring to relate here, I ended up owning my first couple of DVDs about a week before I got my first player back in 1997. All I could do is look at the shiny little discs and read the jacket copy. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif)

Regards,

Joe

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Joseph DeMartino:
<font color=yellow>(Actually, through circumstances too boring to relate here, I ended up owning my first couple of DVDs about a week before I got my first player back in 1997. All I could do is look at the shiny little discs and read the jacket copy. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif)</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote> But you *could* have tried reading them with a microscope. With enough patience, you might have managed to decode a few pixels. /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

Hyp:

On this matter I would agree with Joe. Unless a particularly agressive sort of polycarbonate fungus develops and eats your disks, they should last until you can choose a DVD player, and hopefully some time after.

I got my first couple of CDs when I didn't have a CD player yet. /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif
It was quite some torture... to look at them, read the sleeves, sigh in desperation, put them back on the shelf again... /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

But yeah, I'd also recommend getting the DVDs first. There's always time to buy a player later, as it's very unlikely that the production of all DVD players will suddenly be ended. /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif It's a lot more likely that you might not get the B5 DVDs if you wait to get a player first.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Joseph DeMartino:
<font color=yellow>Who says you have to buy the player first? /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif Grab that S1 set when it hits the store shelves, buy the player later. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

(Remember, this is all about me and my ability to get the whole series on DVD, not about you and your ability to actually watch and enjoy it. /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif)

(Actually, through circumstances too boring to relate here, I ended up owning my first couple of DVDs about a week before I got my first player back in 1997. All I could do is look at the shiny little discs and read the jacket copy. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif)

Regards,

Joe</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

An alternative is to put a DVD ROM drive in your computer.

I don't buy products I can't use. If they are defective, you can't get a refund if the time limit has expired.

I may never get a DVD system. I am moving away more and more from tv anyway. But if I ever do get a DVD system, I would possibly get B5 first. I don't know, I might want movies more.

Thanks for spending my money so freely, everyone! (He he he). /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

I may just go out to see more theater movies. Where I live we get the "stadium style" theater but still at about $4.50 if you know when to go to the show.

I'll decide once my new salary is decided. Being in Arizona and being a college educator, I will personally be taking a minimum of a $6000 pay cut next year, maybe more.

So much for supporting Joe D's "habit". /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

<font color=yellow>
</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

haha, yes just to own the dvd's, to look/examine the box sets <sigh>, happy thoughts lol

that's what it is all about /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>that's what it is all about /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif<hr></blockquote>

I thought the Hokey-pokey was what it's all about. /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

Regards,

Joe

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back