• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Jeremiah Review

Having just saw the pilot I can say that for this ep sex was not avoided but not exploited either. In fact Kurdy even discusses how it's not all it's cracked up to be when he gets a random roll in the hay.

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

Originally posted by Doctor Gonzo:
In fact Kurdy even discusses how it's not all it's cracked up to be when he gets a random roll in the hay.

<hr></blockquote>

I thought exactly the same thing. At least it wasnt some random thing just to have it in there because they can. It added a lot to the character Kurdy, as well as to the character to the show. I really liked his comments as to it not being all it was cracked up to be. Definately more to that scene than meets the eye.

Recoil, I was chuckling through that scene with Kurdy having sex. I thought it was good. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Now here is yet another review for y'all ... this time from <a target="_blank" href=http://www.scifidimensions.com/Mar02/jeremiah.htm>SciFi Dimensions</a>

Even though most of it is just a summary, the true review is in the last paragraph:

<font color=yellow>J. Michael Straczynski (of Babylon 5 fame) has created an excellent adaptation of Hermann Huppen's gritty, post-apocalyptic comic series. Luke Perry delivers a fine, understated performance as Jeremiah, and gels nicely with Malcolm- Jamal Warner's self-centered but sensitive Kurdy. The world of post-Big Death America is vividly conceived, and the pilot episode (in typical Straczynski style) asks many questions which beg to be answered as the series unfolds. Be forewarned - Jeremiah is a Showtime series, so there's a smattering of nudity, violence and foul language. But Jeremiah, unlike many SF series, doesn't insult the viewer's intelligence, and if "The Long Road" is any indication, it'll reward the faithful.</font color=yellow>

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Lyta:
Recoil, I was chuckling through that scene with Kurdy having sex. I thought it was good.<hr></blockquote>
Yea how ironic that it was the guy who was basically bored with sex, while the chick was getting herself off. Isn't that supposed to be the other way around? /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif

I see an NC-17 thread coming from you in the near future. Come on, cough it up. Antony needs his dirt! /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back