• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

JMS doesn't want CRUSADE?

Re: JMS doesn\'t want CRUSADE?

Guts it was not a blanket statement that all fans are dorks. It said that someone who formed an opinion and stuck to it despite direct evidence to the contrary is a dork. Lately some have insisted that Crusade is dead, having no possibility to return, despite the only person with any authority on the subject going out of the way to say the opposite.

As for the rest, now we want to change the definition of dead...fine, whatever. I suggest we move on because this will get us nowhere. When someone sets out to cause trouble on the board other than warn innocents away it's best to ignore it. Now as always DFtT.

------------------
Bus
"The electric yellow has got me by the brain banana."

POT,

I know PR is a way of life (mostly an American way). That's why most TV shows are weak, and most presidents talk shit.
It is a bad idea to apologise, 'cause he would risk the TRUST the fans have in him (if that means anything to you).
And I wasn't just talking about 'merchandise'. I only buy stuff that has to do with the story, like the books and video's.
Not everyone is lucky to be able to see B5 on TV.

------------------
It takes a very logic and precise mind...

Thanks a million, Star. I'm surprised. I guess I should not be surprised. If Crusade was such a great show to watch, maybe it was also a great show to be in. The fact that so many of the main actors might still be available was too much for me to hope. Of course, in the time it will take to get a new Crusade off the ground things can change, I know that. But its good to hear so many main actors would be willing, and might make it possible for them to be able, to return. I hope if Crusade does come on board the actor who played "Max" can make it. Too many "goodies" spoil a show. We need a "Londo" I think.

Again, thanks for the encouraging info.
smile.gif

------------------

To Star,

I think I've already explained why I am here. If that doesn't satisfy you then I'm sorry.

To Doc,

Yes, I have insisted that Crusade is DEAD, because presently, it is. As I said, that doesn't preclude its revival/resurrection. Does that change the definition of "dead?" Not really, I can think of at least one human being who was dead and then came back again. As far as your insistence that I was causing trouble... fine. Believe as you wish. But I too think that its time to move own, since I've already said what I've had to say.

To Refer (sorry Refa)

Public Relations can be good or bad, depending on the situation. I frankly don't see how PR can be blamed for bad Television, whatever. As far as an apology affecting the trust that JMS has with fans, I don't see how that is possible. Nobody, typically, gets offended by apologies.

With that, I'll leave this string. Its reverted to nothing but name-calling.

------------------

seems I missed a post.
Great to hear (from Star) that the actors are willing to come back. I was hoping for it, because I've seen a lot of interviews with actors and writers and such. They all seemed very happy in working on B5 and with JMS.
I'm happy to know it wasn't just some Public Relations talk.

to POT: if you want to spell my name different spell it 'Lord Reefer'

------------------
It takes a very logic and precise mind...

re*fer /ri-fer/: to explain in terms of a general cause.

lord /lo(e)rd/: one having power and authority over others.

Lord Refer-- one having power and authority to explain things over others.

What on earth does reefer mean?

------------------

This thread is closed.

Power-of-Ten, tone done your messages and learn to respect others at this board. If you don't agree with people assessments, debate is fine. But don't be a broken record. If you don't think Crusade is going to return, fine. But don't go around telling others what they have to think. Consider this a first warning, not just for this post but others. Conversely, I've also seen you write some very good posts. Please focus more on the good, don't insult, and stay away from Crusade topics.

Star, no I won't a blind eye. No matter what Power-of-Ten says, you can't go name calling and getting personal. You are making yourself worse than the person you're trying to tell off. If you ahve a problem, you contact a moderator. Consider yourself with a first warning too.

Yes, it's three-strikes rule here at the board, I have decided.

The above comments go to anyone else that might consider wading into a flame war. It's a shame that this thread has devolved into anarchy. I must also say I'm glad it's the exception and not the rule.

------------------
station.jpg
<font size="-2" color="silver">"The Babylon Project was our last, best, hope for peace.
A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral
territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter
of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space,
all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of
mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is
the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is
2259: the name of the place is Babylon 5."

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back