• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

JMS Speaks (Season finale & Tripwire)

Lyta

Posted May 24th on the moderated newsgroup:

<font color=orange>Jeremiah: finishing post production on our last batch of episodes, including the two-part finale "Things Left Unsaid," which Mike Vejar directed and it's just *killer*. Of all the things I've ever done, and I'm including B5 in this, on an invidual basis this may be the best thing I've ever done, certainly the most ambitious. It's just frikkin' HUGE, the performances are great, the story moves ahead by leaps and bounds, I'm just *real* happy with it.

(Another crucial arc story, "Tripwire," airs next Friday. This is one to definitely see if you're thinking of following the show.)</font color=orange>

There is more to his post which includes information about his ideal episode/season length, progress on Amazing Spider-Man, other TV projects and the healing (or not) of his hand and finger. Read the <a target="_blank" href=http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=20020524023526.15600.00000652%40mb-ct.aol.com>full post here</a>.

Man, I am so glad I got into this series early since what he is saying about the finale is really getting me excited! /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

What makes Jeremiah even better is DirecTV added the Showtime HDTV channel (543) in May. It really looks good in 16 by 9 format. /ubbthreads/images/icons/cool.gif

I frikkin' hate it when he does that! (I've got something new coming along, but I can't talk about it yet... so I'll let you all stew... 'cause I want you to come back, and back, and back, and back...)

More from JMS ...

May.27.2002:
<font color=orange>Is this a cliff hanging S1 finale? Is there (do you want there to be) a S2 planned?

Yeah, it's our s1 finale, as for a second season, that's in the hands of the TV gods.

I'd guess typing is really tough. Have you tried any of the voice recognition stuff out there? It's said to be getting pretty good, and with all your academic / scientific contacts, who knows, you might even get stuff earlier than the market

Problem is, I think through my fingers, I can't dictate for squat.

jms

(all message content (c) 2002 by synthetic worlds, ltd., permission to reprint specifically denied to SFX Magazine and don't send me story ideas)</font color=orange>

I know how that is - although I don't think with my fingers, a different thought process occurs when I'm talking as opposed to when I'm typing or writing with a pen (which I find is ten times easier for letting the ideas flow than typing).

Maybe "The Touch" happened when he was trying to use Dragon NaturallySpeaking? /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

Too funny! Especially considering it was Egan who wrote "The Touch". /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif

I'd have to agree, typing is way better for me. It allows me to express all of my opinions without any intturptions. Also i seem to be morewilling or outgoing online then in real life.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Lyta:
<font color=yellow>Too funny! Especially considering it was Egan who wrote "The Touch". /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

It just goes to show that:

a) Ever since I graduated college my fact-checking skills have been sorely lacking;

b) I can no longer tell the difference between Egan and JMS ( a unified voice, which is something this show should strive for)

or,

c) I don't spend half as much time as I should hanging around the B5LR board and Lyta's site!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back