• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Lise's Ex-Husband and child?

• Thread starter **DONOTDELETE**
  • Start date
Re: Lise\'s Ex-Husband and child?

Yeah, the "off-camera" thing occured to me as well. There is just so much about B5 that we don't know, stuff that JMS didn't consider important enough to the story to mention it.

That's how I see it, RW. One of the "curses" to creating involved and "real" characters is that things get complex very quickly. Hmm. Just like Real Life. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

If JMS had been able to explain every detail of every character's life I would have been disappointed.

And you have to keep some of the details open in case future projects can come about. If they don't involve Jerry Doyle, or others, personally I can say that's fine with me. I'd love to see some of the back again. But doubt I ever will. Except on this dvd.

I don't know if I can even figure out how to play commentaries on my new dvd player. I hope they are only on a few episodes. Like disk 4 or something? Argh, I can't even figure out how to fast forward past one episode to get to the next.

I need my vacation time to figure out my new equipment. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

One of the "curses" to creating involved and "real" characters is that things get complex very quickly. Hmm. Just like Real Life

I have discovered that. I'm writing an epic fantasy novel, one I'm hoping to get published some day. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Good luck with it, RW. What little I know about epic kind of writing is this: keep a "score sheet". /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I don't know what the pros would call it, but bascially a detailed outline.

Otherwise you might get befuddled by your own work. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Thanks, hyp. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I have an outline in my head of basically how I want it to go, and I'm just filling it in from there. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

AARGH!!! *Bangs head against the wall*
I just now noticed that the guy's name is Franz. I always thought it would be written France or something like that because it is pronounced so far off in the series I didn't recognise it
Franz is a old Austrian name from the days of the Austro-Hungarian Monarchy, but it is still very common nowadays around here. (I'm sure it excists in other countries too but in austria if you go into the boonies and find a provincial, conservative little village - every second person you'll meet will be called Franz) There where several austrian royalities called Franz or Franz-Something another. Franz-Josef, Franz-Ferdinand. Though still common nowadays it is considered VERY stuffy - It's kind of equivalent towards British names like Archibald, Edward, .... There is a very heavy clichee on that name.

Cool. So there was probably/maybe an austrian character on Babylon 5 /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Dude, the Franz on B5 was a loser. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back