• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Nemesis on DVD

He had specific visions for the end in particular... and asked paramount for about $200k to do his director's cut. They said no. Bastards.

TrekWeb.com has an extensive interview with him, which you should be able to find at their site (they've just added a search engine).

I know one thing in particular was a lot of special effects when they're being chased by 'God' or something... but they just didn't have the money to do it.

Wesley Crusher was indeed supposed to be in Nemesis. He originally had a small cameo appearance, with lines and all, but it was cut due to length. It will also not appear on the DVD. But, yes, that's actually Wesley there.

Listen to Bill Shatner's "Star Trek Movie Memories" book on audio tape... he describes in vivid detail his plans for Trek V. Constant cutbacks, restrictions, etc. from Paramount gave us the shitty movie STV turned out to be. He describes everything, from the setting down to the bulky gray "fatty" outfits they were forced to wear. I believe his comment was "there wasn't a skinny guy in the movie, aside from the rock farmer at the beginning." :D

If Wes isn't in the deleted scenes on the initial Nemesis DVD release, I'm not getting it... I read Wil Wheaton's many blog entries about his experience on the set, and from the way he described his scene (where he actually had DIALOG!), it explains why he's back in a Starfleet uniform and basically what the hell he's been up to. I'll wait for the SE instead...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back