• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

News post: Rangers promotion steps up

Except for those unfortunate souls who bought their VCR a bit more than 2-3 years ago, don't feel replacing their perfectly fine VCR (especially now, with the DVD industry advancing in giant steps) and can only watch PAL. Like me.
frown.gif

------------------
"Narns, Humans, Centauri... we all do what we do for the same reason: because it seems like a good idea at the time." - G'Kar, Mind War
Kribu's Lounge | kribu@ranger.b5lr.com

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> Goes to show you don't need to be a brain just to be an executive! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I doubt the person causing the problem is an Executive.
This sounds like more of a problem with the "guys in the trenches". Lower management at best.

Chances are, at least some of the people Running the SciFi Channel web site ar Not SF fans.
They are people who have been hired to run a web site.

While a large proportion of Computer people DO like SF, it is by no means a 100% majority.

So, Antony has interactions with a couple people over there who don't really Care.

But, they do run the web site.

------------------
The 3 most common elements in the Universe:
Hydrogen, Greed, Stupidity!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by channe:
I'm sure Antony, in the UK, will see the durn thing before any of us in the US, and then create a thread to tease all the Americans about it. *joking grin*<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I watch Enterprise before it airs in the US, which always gives me great enjoyment!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by channe:
Antony, this site is doing its share of promotion. After all, this is where you can find more news than on the official site. It's even been mentioned in print magazines...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My site, in print magazines? Where?

------------------
"In the book which is my memory, on the first page of the chapter which is the day that I met you, appear the words: 'Here begins a new life'"

I lied, Antony!

I thought it was a print magazine, but it was only the online version of one of the interviews - I can't remember which.

Let me see if I can look it up...

------------------
The writer's life is not meant to be a happy one. We all accept that going in. -JMS

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KoshN:
That somebody would have to have PAL, right? An NTSC copy would do you no good.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Nope... Almost all European VCRs sold in the recent years can convert NTSC into PAL-60 (which is NTSC framrate/resolution with PAL colour encoding), a format most newer TVs support.

------------------
"When I want your opinion I'll beat it out of you, ok?"
-- Ranma-chan, A Leotard is a Girl's Burden, Ranma 1/2

drakh@spamcop.net

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back