• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Rangers Sponsor list

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joseph DeMartino:
Hey, how's this for easy? Monica has added a whole page to her website about the Rangers letter-writing campaign with a list of do's and dont's for creating an effective letter. She's also made my Excel and ASCII contact list files (which are now finalized and contain all national advertisers with published snail-mail addresses) available for download directly to your computer.

The letters can practically write themselves. Go here for all the details.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just wanted to let everyone know that I added the post from JMS on there as well as some of the email addresses posted here and SciFi's bulletin board. The last two were added as a last ditch effort for those who wrote and mailed their letters already. I just wanted to make sure I covered all the bases.

Every little bit helps right?
smile.gif

------------------
Monica Hübinette | Abyss : B5 | Rangers Sponsor List
Pouch-sucking spawn of a bladder fish! Son of a fitch piece of smelt! Tok-swallowing fenbarger! Thrak it! --Na'Feel swearing in B5LR

I've sent unique! E-mails and letters to all the addresses that you have recommended both here and on the other sites.

Thanks Joe and to the others who have made this information known to us lesser navigators of the Intenet.

(And yeah, that tour company is local.)

------------------
God be between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk.

Many thanks to Joe and Monica (and all others spreading the word).

I downloaded the file and merged my little fingers to the bone. Customizing each letter to sponsors, and to both Bonnie Hammer and Tom Olson at SFC.

Pebbles, pick up those pens.
smile.gif

Ro

------------------
A ship in a port is safe, but that's not what ships are for.

Rear Admiral Grace Murray Hopper

What is Tom Olson title at Sci Fi (mentioned by Ro in the above post)?

Thanks

------------------

Mailed out half of my sponsor letters (& Bonnie's letter) today at 0800.

The others have to wait until tomorrow morning becasue I needed to use my stamps for trivial things like electricity and cable.
frown.gif

------------------
"We are (not) all Kosh."

Tom Olson is VP for Advertising Sales.

Ro

------------------
A ship in a port is safe, but that's not what ships are for.

Rear Admiral Grace Murray Hopper

Just wanted to let everyone know that I have updated my Rangers Sponser List page with some information about the upcoming DVD releases from WB that JoeD suggested that I add.

If you have already written a few letters already, then why not do one more to state what you expect from the next releases (special features, interviews, etc.).

Feel free to correct or suggest something for that page as I am mearly the messanger.
smile.gif

------------------
Pouch-sucking spawn of a bladder fish! Son of a fitch piece of smelt! Tok-swallowing fenbarger! Thrak it! --Na'Feel swearing in B5LR

This may be a critical time - when decisions are being made. So if you haven't written yet please take some time this weekend to write at least a few letters.

------------------

An item of no particular importance, but it did make me smile. Got my first reply from a sponsor today, a letter from McDonald's. They assure me that my feedback is very important to them and has been shared with their marketing media buyers. Which, with a buck, will buy you a cup of coffee, but is still nice to hear.

They also sent me a coupon, so lunch is taken care of for one day next week.
smile.gif

Regards,

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

joseph-demartino@att.net

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joseph DeMartino:
Which, with a buck, will buy you a cup of coffee...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hah! That is one of my favorite sayings ever. I use that one all the time. Nice to know I'm not the only one these days using that
wink.gif

------------------
'I don't believe in the no-win scenario' - JTK

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Nice to know I'm not the only one these days using that <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Of course, I remember when it was a quarter instead of a buck. Pre-"Starbucks".
smile.gif

Regards,

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

joseph-demartino@att.net

I just sent off my letters Saturday morning. Thank you (Joe and Monica) for the spreadsheet file. I work in IT; however, I had never performed a mail merge with Word before. It took about 10 minutes of messing with Word before I figured it out. Very easy….

Anyways, all the letters are sent. Thanks again for the import file!

Cerberus

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cerberus:
Thank you (Joe and Monica) for the spreadsheet file. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are welcome but most of the thanks goes to JoeD for all the work compiling the information.
wink.gif

------------------

*bump*

For anyone who wants to help write letters to sponsors and Sci-Fi to help get the series commissioned. Read above.

------------------
'I don't believe in the no-win scenario' - JTK

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back