• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

So am I the only one who doesn't like the Ranger uniforms?

D

**DONOTDELETE**

So am I the only one who doesn\'t like the Ranger uniforms?

And I mean the ones in the Legend of the Rangers movie. In Babylon 5 I liked the Rangers uniforms a lot. But I don't like the changes they've made to the uniforms. Before, it looked neat. Now it looks plain. What the hell happened? And let's not forget that in Sleeping In Light the Rangers were still wearing the B5 uniforms. So why is the crew in Rangers wearing such crappy uniforms?

------------------
Lochley: You know what you are?

Gideon: Ruggedly handsome?

Lochley: A control freak!

Gideon: Can't I be both?

Re: So am I the only one who doesn\'t like the Ranger uniforms?

You know, Gideon, after the gray and red bellhop uniforms you wore for five episodes of Crusade, I'd say you're about the last person who should be criticizing other people's wardrobe choices.
smile.gif

Regards,

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

joseph-demartino@att.net

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joseph DeMartino:
You know, Gideon, after the gray and red bellhop uniforms you wore for five episodes of Crusade, I'd say you're about the last person who should be criticizing other people's wardrobe choices.
smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

*snicker*

------------------
"There are moments when we all become someone else, something other than what we are. It takes only a moment, but we spend the rest of our lives looking back at that moment in shame."

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> I don't like the changes they've made to the uniforms. Before, it looked neat. Now it looks plain. What the hell happened? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dungarees instead of Tuxedos. We're seeing the work uniforms, not the formal wear. The party clothes come out only for special occasions.
cool.gif

------------------
Yes, I like cats too.
Shall we exchange Recipes?

In To Dream in the City of Sorrows Sinclair thinks the Ranger One uniform he has been given would be horribly impractical for fighting. Later he finds out it is the "dress" version of the uniform and that a "combat" version exists that allows for easier movement. It is the case that, aside from Marcus, we tend to see Rangers on formal occassions. No reason to think that there are only the two - most military forces have a range of uniforms from work-details jeans to full dress tuxedos. Maybe this is an innovation that Sheridan introduced.
smile.gif

Regards,

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

joseph-demartino@att.net

No you're not the only one. I don't really like them either, although they're definitly better than the Crusade red and grey ones.

I don't know about the combat argument. We saw Marcus fighting quite a bit in his Ranger uniform without any problems, and I definitly prefered that one.

------------------
Alec McClymont, 3D Artist
3D Artist - GVFX

We live for the one. We die for the one.

As I posted on another thread, I'm still getting used to the new look. I sincerly hope that we will still see the proper uniforms. This black look doesn't have the same grandure as the brown tunics. Maybe they wanted to represent the different positions that the Rangers hold by the different coloured undershirt. Drifting into Trek territory here. (sorry to bring that up)
shocked.gif

On the plus side, my wish to have some action, and dialogue for the female Rangers has come true. Still missing Marcus though.
frown.gif

------------------
Ranger Elenopa

"You can get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you can with just a kind word"

Well given that we've seen about a minute of film I don't think anything is set in stone. We could even get a mix within the movie. Also if it goes to series things can change just look at Delenn and the previously mentioned bellhop duds.

------------------
Bus
"Authorities say the phony pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and increadibly foul mouth." Kent Brockman

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joseph DeMartino:
smile.gif

Regards,

Joe

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey, I had no control over that. You think I liked it when Senator Redway came aboard and asked me to carry his luggage to his quarters? Trust me. Had Crusade continued, well, you would've seen those bellhop uniforms suffer an unfortunate accident in the laundromat...

------------------

*notices his rank*

Finally! Commander! That Apocalypse Box has sure done some wonders for my career. I'll be a Captain in no time.
laugh.gif

------------------

I like the old Ranger uniforms better myself, but the new ones look like they might be easier to make...hmm scifi convention in a few months better get crackin'...

------------------
Marcus, "Well They said I was carrying around a lot of repressed anger.
Lennier, "and?"
Marcus, "I'm not repressed anymore."

I envy people who can sew. I'm rather short so I can do cuffs, put back buttons, but that's about it. The tailor down the block gets brisk business from me.
crazy.gif

------------------
Delenn: He will not hear you.
Neroon: Then I will speak briefly.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jimmy:
I envy people who can sew. I'm rather short so I can do cuffs, put back buttons, but that's about it. The tailor down the block gets brisk business from me.
crazy.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ahh, I have a patient mother who loves B5 almost as much as her son does.

(I bought her a G'Kar figure for her birthday-she has it on her nightstand. All she needs now is a Zathras...)

------------------
Marcus, "Well They said I was carrying around a lot of repressed anger.
Lennier, "and?"
Marcus, "I'm not repressed anymore."

i got a quick ? since you brought up marcus......

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black> In the last ep, if you watched the credits and saw the pic of marcus there with the writing beside it. That was a, whatever it's called where they pretty much just freeze the body, i'm use to hearing it referred to as stasis. On the note there it said until a new regeneration tech was found that could bring him back, ordered by Capt Ivonava. Will we ever see marcus again??? That was the point i was trying to get to. </font></td></tr></table>

------------------

Cryonic suspension. And yes, he appears in a JMS short story, 'Space, Time and the Incurable Romantic.'

regards

------------------
With many cheerful facts about the square of the hypotenuse

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Cryonic suspension. And yes, he appears in a JMS short story, 'Space, Time and the Incurable Romantic.'<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

However, that story is set several hundred years after Marcus's "death." It takes that long for medical science to come up with a treatment for him. So while the technical answer is "Yes, we do see Marcus again", as a practical matter we will not see him in any B5 series, movie or other spin-off that is set between S4 and "Sleeping in Light" unless it is in a flashback.

Regards,

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

joseph-demartino@att.net

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nukemall:
Cryonic suspension. And yes, he appears in a JMS short story, 'Space, Time and the Incurable Romantic.'

regards

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OK I gotta ask...cuz I'm at a loss. Whenever there is a post with the lovely black spoilerspace in it, I never see the content the poster is warning us about. There is spoilerspace and that's it... Where the heck do you find what people are asking so you can respond??

crazy.gif
crazy.gif
crazy.gif

------------------
The avalance has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.

And as I posted in another thread slacks and sweater-vests are a pretty lame uniform. Capes are cool, enough said.
laugh.gif

------------------
We are fighting to save one another and some of us must be sacrificed, if all of us are to be saved.- Kosh as G'Lan

Terry, it's rather simple: just highlight the the spoiler space and the text should appear.

Let's practice!

For 20 points, tell me what this says (It's a little secret about me, well, not if you know me from the chatroom):

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black> I like Pokemon. They are sooooooo cute. Nice furry things. Reminds me of puppies...
laugh.gif
</font></td></tr></table>

------------------
Sheridan: Are you trying to cheer me up?
Ivanova: No sir, wouldn't dream of it.
Sheridan: Good, I hate being cheered up. It's depressing.
Ivanova: So in that case we're all going to die horrible, painful, lingering deaths.
Sheridan: Thank you, I feel so much better now.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by terrytvgal:
OK I gotta ask...cuz I'm at a loss. Whenever there is a post with the lovely black spoilerspace in it, I never see the content the poster is warning us about. There is spoilerspace and that's it... Where the heck do you find what people are asking so you can respond??

crazy.gif
crazy.gif
crazy.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You have to put your mouse at the beginning of the "spoiler box", hold the left mouse button down, and drag it over the black box. Suddenly, the words appear.

------------------
"Will the Senator yield for a question? It's in 12 parts, so it may take some time..."

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back