• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

The going of the Shadows?

• Thread starter **DONOTDELETE**
  • Start date
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Maybe we better take this to Fanfic.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Not so. Babylon 5 Wars boardgame by Agents of Gaming, Wars of the Ancients supplement.
All declared "canon" by JMS, remember... (or go look at my posting of his foreword to AoG's Rules Compendium in "First One Races")
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Interesting idea.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Thank you. And this one IS my fan-boy imagination... would make sense though...

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>The ally races never provided processors willingly<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Says who???
If a Shadow asked one of their proven fanatical Drakh followers to play CPU, I think the Drakh would jump at the chance. The Shadows wouldn't though - for CPU's they can use unwilling subjects, so why waste willing ones there when they can be used for better tasks... at least not once they had the chance to grab the unwilling ones. The very first ShadowShips activated when they came out of hibernation (like the one on Mars that dug out it's sister ship in 2253 - before the Icasrus mission) would probably have gotten willing Drakh and other servant-race CPU's.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Each CPU has to be prepared. This takes time, effort, and resources, and maybe the Shadow ally race of doctors is needed for this.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Time, effort, and resources - yes.
ShadowSurgeons needed - just so the Shadows don't have to do it themselves (they certainly have forgotten more about implant technology than their servants ever knew...).
All in all a CPU is valuable as long as it's needed. They'll reuse it if it survives it's ship's death, if only because that's less trouble then to abduct & prepare a new one.
But since these ships are not meant to be active longer then the Shadows need to "kick over the anthill" it makes little sense to waste even more resources on what are basically disposable troops.

------------------
"ShadowScout"
Roman Alexander

"Go on, watch out for Shadows - we'll watch you right back!"

What do you want?
ShadowShips!

[This message has been edited by ShadowScout (edited December 03, 2001).]

Reading the supposed stamp of approval by JMS I noticed something that makes me think you have put too much faith in their storylines. JMS merely says that they have taken great pains to get TECHNICAL details correct. Technical details being the capabilities of common ships and set details. This has little to do with storylines. Knowing that the Earth ships manning the blockade during 'No Surrender No Retreat" means you know why people were able to move around the way they did during an attempted mutiny but does not give any insight into what happened on similar ships in other situations. Just because they know technical details on the ships does not mean the story lines are anything but made up.

------------------
"Crying isn't gonna get your dog back. Unless your tears smell like dog food. So you can sit here eating can after can of dog food until your tears smell like dog food or you can go out there and find your dog."-Homer in The Canine Mutiny

Latest posts

Members online

Back