• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

TV Shows on DVD

Lyta hit it on the head in regards to that website. If in over two years they STILL DONT HAVE CONTACT WITH STUDIOS then it is simply nothing more than a bunch of people compiling a "wish list." "Gee, wouldnt it be nice if this were out on DVD" Nothing more productive than that.

Someone else was also on target in regards to the relase time table for Crusade. It makes PERFECT sense for it to come out after B5. Would WB release Season 5 of B5 after Season 3? No. So why would they release Crusade, a show that takes place AFTER ACtA and AFTER the B5 series (excluding SiL of course). They wouldnt. I would expect to see the Telemovies come out after the series is fully released, and for Crusade (if it happens, which it probably will if B5 set sales are good) to come out after the Telemovies.

I agree with Recoil, I think if the sales are good on the B5 DVD's, the Crusade DVD will eventually come out. All that's needed is a little patience.
smile.gif

Someone else was also on target in regards to the relase time table for Crusade. It makes PERFECT sense for it to come out after B5. Would WB release Season 5 of B5 after Season 3? No.

Recoil, the Laserdisc release went as follows:

Seasons 1 & 5
Seasons 2 & 4, partial on both counts. Cough, sputter, die.

On the plus side, it did mean that I got SiL on Laserdisc.
grin.gif

On the minus side, they didn't produce any of Season 3, and only 55% of Season 2, and 27% of Season 4, the meat of B5.

Things don't have to be done in serial fashion. Work can be done in parallel.

Recoil, the Laserdisc release went as follows:

Seasons 1 & 5
Seasons 2 & 4, partial on both counts. Cough, sputter, die.
Laserdiscs as a whole went "cough, sputter, die."

Not the point. They went from the edges, Seasons 1 & 5, and worked their way in (2 & 4), never reaching 3, not 1, 2, 3, 4, & 5.

Speaking of not the point, why did you even bring that up in the first place? Its completely irrelevant since the B5 discs ARE being released in order. Sheesh.

I think this is a case where that was then and this is now ... I don't think WB (or any other studio in their right minds -- boy is that an oxymoron
laugh.gif
) will make the mistake of ever releasing a TV show with such a wacky schedule.

If I recall correctly, they did it that way because B5 was still on the air (or recently ended) so they wanted to get the people who just saw season five and those who wanted to catch the series from the beginning. I highly doubt those circumstances will ever happen again.
tongue.gif

Believe it or not, contrary to what some may say on this board, these studios are not indeed run by drooling idiots with the IQs of ear wax. Sure once in a while mistakes are made, but it sounds like they had a somewhat good reason for doing things in a weird way back then, and has been stated here OVER AND OVER, they are NOT --- and I will repeat this again --- NOT releasing the B5 DVDs out of order.

Now lets all take a deep breath, dont forget to exhale, and relax. If Crusade discs are to come, it will be after successful sales of the B5 sets. And from all indications so far, they do seem to be selling and prebooking well. So as long as we keep buying them up, they will pay attention to the fan base they have. Why would they turn down a chance for more money?

I was just saying that Crusade DVDs would not have to come after the B5 Season 5 DVDs. That is, WHV could do Crusade DVDs in parallel with the B5 DVD release.

yes, they could. but in all honesty i hope they dont untill s5 is out, i mean we dont want to end up like the Star Trek fans paying for $100 DVD sets every two months.

There's no way the 13 episode Crusade Season 1 would cost $100. Full B5 seasons (22 episodes) are ~$70 US. The $100 every 2 month argument is not applicable.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back