• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

B5 Season 1 DVD for £20!!!!! or 33 EURO!!!

• Thread starter **DONOTDELETE**
  • Start date
D

**DONOTDELETE**

B5 Season 1 DVD for £20!!!!! or 33 EURO!!!

Thats right!!

You can order it from amazon.de /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

I just cancelled my order form amazon.uk /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Re: B5 Season 1 DVD for £20!!!!! or 33 EURO!!!

one more thing...the cover will be in german (for obvious reasons) but its upto if you want to pay the extra for english lang. cover...and according to the site, it will ship to all eur country...

That would be good... too good to be sure. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

I would still be prepared to find out they messed up with the price. After all, the single disks of "Gathering" / "In the Beginning" cost almost as much on the same site. It is <font color="yellow">very unlikely</font color> for a single disk and a whole season to have prices in the same range. Yet many thanks for telling. I sure hope this is not an error.

I have to agree with Lennier - this does sound too good to be true. 33 euros for 6 DVDs... when normally one movie disc goes for around as much... just doesn't make sense. Especially as it's not exactly a bare-bones release.

My German is not too good but doesn't Amazon.de say the price is not officially confirmed yet (noch nicht veröffentlicht)?

Also, they seem to offer the UK version of season 1 as import for 101.99 euros - compared to that, the German price sounds even more suspicious.

But it would be cool if it were right. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

They think that it will come october the 17th...maybe /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

hmm...damn, getting my hope up all that!

didn't know the price still needs to be finalised and reading other threads, seems no one know for sure how much its gonna cost....hmmmmmmmm

Mmmm, it all seems perfectly right to me.

I have checked other German online stores and the price is more or less 33 € in all of them. Germany seems to be the only country within the Eurozone where B5 DVDs are going to be officially distributed.

My theory is that they used different prices for different zones. RRP are:
USA - 100 USD (around 102.5€)
UK - 45 GBP (around 71.6€)
Australia - 120 AUD (around 67.4€)

and then the poor Eurozone countries, which have to buy the pack through Germany

Eurozone - 35€

Of course, Amazon.de offers the UK version as import for 103€, but that is because they must pay it in pounds first and then they must charge you in euros.

I for once like being poor /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

Now I need WB Deutschland to issue a Press Release and destroy my credibility /forums/images/icons/rolleyes.gif

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
My German is not too good but doesn't Amazon.de say the price is not officially confirmed yet (noch nicht veröffentlicht)?

[/quote]

Actually it only means that the set has not yet been published! The price seems to be pretty solid.

For anyone in Australia, I have just ordered my copy from Amazon.de, and it is coming in at $82AUS. This compares to $112.95AUS from planetdvd.com.au.

AND... it will arrive some 2 weeks earlier that its release here in OZ!!!
/forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back