• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

CRUSADE NEWS ON CINESCAPE!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>if the SFC is planning its 2002 lineup in November, how does that square with Bonnie Hammer's statement that they'd "wait to see how the Rangers movie does" before greenlighting a series? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

A couple of things come to mind:

1) They'll make up a schedule in November that doesn't include Rangers and hold it in reserve as a mid-season replacement in case something they do go with bombs.

2) They've changed their minds, or might. Bonnie Hammer's comment was made just a day after Sci-Fi had hired a new director of programming, before he could have involved himself in any decision-making. Maybe he's seen a cut of the movie and is putting it on the agenda for November.

3) Bonnie Hammer's comment didn't refer to ratings. (I think this unlikely, but I'm trying to cover all the bases.) Maybe she meant focus-group testing (which would still have been months in the future at the time she was quoted in Variety.) She didn't use the word "ratings", after all.
smile.gif
She could have meant "how it does" with critics or preview audiences.

There are probably several other reasons why Hammer would have made that statement in July, but the possible series still might be discussed in November. I'm just too tired to think of any right now.
smile.gif

Regards,

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

joseph-demartino@att.net

Latest posts

Members online

Back