• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Guess what I got in the mail >8-P

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> I Went To Z'ha'dum And All I Got Was This Lousy T-Shirt <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ha! I think you've got it!

------------------
"Draal gave Zathras list of things not to say.
This was one. No.... *tsk tsk*
No. Not good.
Not supposed to mention... "one", or... THE one.
Hmmmm.
You never heard that."

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by channe:
Ok. Here's one of the designs I've come up with, in teensy thumbnail format:

I Went To Z'ha'dum And All I Got Was This Lousy T-Shirt

If you folks approve, I'll go and post the entire bunch somewhere. They're the same basic format (font and stars).

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Shouldn't that be a capital Z on Z'ha'dum?

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

"To Live and Die in Starlight"
pilot movie for "Babylon 5 - The Legend of the Rangers"
January 19, 2002 at 9PM & 11PM EST, January 20, 2002 at 5PM on The Sci-Fi Channel (US).
http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KoshN:
Shouldn't that be a capital Z on Z'ha'dum?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm keeping everything lower-case as part of the style. To capitalize something would make it look out of place.

------------------
The writer's life is not meant to be a happy one. We all accept that going in. -JMS

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>
I Went To Z'ha'dum And All I Got Was This Lousy T-Shirt

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or in the case of Lyta Alexander

I went to Z’Ha’Dum and all that was left is this lousy t-shirt.
crazy.gif

------------------
Andrew Swallow

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by channe:
I'm keeping everything lower-case as part of the style. To capitalize something would make it look out of place.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, I thought it might have something to do with artistic license, but it seemed out of place with a little 'z' to me, since it's a name, that's all.

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

January 19, 2002 at 9PM & 11PM EST, January 20, 2002 at 5PM on The Sci-Fi Channel (US).

Nice job, Channe... muchas kewlness
cool.gif

Ro

------------------
A ship in a port is safe, but that's not what ships are for.

Rear Admiral Grace Murray Hopper

Just wait until I get to the b5lr.com running jokes. I really, really, wish those screen caps were print-quality and not copyrighted by a suit. Then, I could make some really raucous ones, involving lunch money and amoebas.

------------------
The writer's life is not meant to be a happy one. We all accept that going in. -JMS

I seem to recall it being Z'Ha'Dum with caps on all three syllables.

------------------
The 3 most common elements in the Universe:
Hydrogen, Greed, Stupidity!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hypatia:
I bet many people will wear them over something else, anyhow. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

e.g. over a very dark blue, solid color, long sleeve, winter shirt.
smile.gif

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

I'm pretty sure it's Z'ha'dum. But, being a stubborn amateur graphic designer, I'm sticking with lower-case.

When I get home, I'll go post my favorite one so far.

------------------

I would almost bet my... well, fourth toe on my left foot that it's Z'Ha'Dum, all syllables starting with caps. I could look it up on the tape - since it was an episode name and thus appeared on the screen - but I can't be bothered.
laugh.gif

I'm still pretty sure that this was the way I saw it.

------------------
"Narns, Humans, Centauri... we all do what we do for the same reason: because it seems like a good idea at the time." - G'Kar, Mind War
Kribu's Lounge | kribu@ranger.b5lr.com

channe,

The t-shirt is sooo cool! When you post a larger image would you mind if I made myself one? I hope so! I would really like to see what else you have come up with!

------------------
Faith Manages

Coldsoup -

That's what they are there for!

The only small little caveat I'm going to take is a teensy-tiny 5 pt byline you can't see from more than a foot away.

I almost have them finished and loaded. I still have to find out how to resize them on my system (which has only Adobe Illustrator, and no other software, basically...)

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kribu:
I would almost bet my... well, fourth toe on my left foot that it's Z'Ha'Dum, all syllables starting with caps. I could look it up on the tape - since it was an episode name and thus appeared on the screen - but I can't be bothered.
laugh.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh where's your dedication?!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

In Invoking Darkness, it's Z'ha'dum.

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

I'm pretty sure it's Z'ha'dum. But, being a stubborn amateur graphic designer, I'm sticking with lower-case.

When I get home, I'll go post my favorite one so far.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How's this for a design that Sci-Fi could have made?
http://members.tripod.co.uk/macbreck/photoalbum/images/Rangers_Jacket_Design_1_Sc reen_Res.jpg

Printer Res version of my Ranger Pin: {Caution: This is a 522KB JPG(8) that measures 1961x892 pixels, so if you have an aversion to scrolling, beware.
smile.gif
}
http://members.tripod.co.uk/macbreck/photoalbum/images/Ranger_Pin.jpg

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

January 19, 2002 at 9PM & 11PM EST, January 20, 2002 at 5PM on The Sci-Fi Channel (US). http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

[This message has been edited by KoshN (edited December 13, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by KoshN (edited December 13, 2001).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KoshN:
Oh where's your dedication?!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

In Invoking Darkness, it's Z'ha'dum.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nothing wrong with my dedication... but it's the 2nd episode on a tape containing four episodes and I'd rather not fast-forward and rewind the tape with no other purpose but to check the title.
laugh.gif

I haven't read the technomage books (since they're still on the way) but in case of conflicting evidence (if, say, we're both right) I'd go with the one in the show.

BTW, a request not directly related to this post - if you post links, could you perhaps make them into short phrase links (you know, url followed by link name) instead of posting the whole URL? With the URL tag on the left it doesn't take a lot more time or effort.
smile.gif

It's that horizontal scrolling thing... they don't really fit too well on the 800x600 screen.
blush.gif

------------------
"Narns, Humans, Centauri... we all do what we do for the same reason: because it seems like a good idea at the time." - G'Kar, Mind War

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kribu:
BTW, a request not directly related to this post - if you post links, could you perhaps make them into short phrase links (you know, url followed by link name) instead of posting the whole URL? With the URL tag on the left it doesn't take a lot more time or effort.
smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Didn't do that because I don't know how. I'm not sure of the exact syntax that's necessary. Have to play around with it.

Aha! Never used that URL tool before.

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

January 19, 2002 at 9PM & 11PM EST, January 20, 2002 at 5PM on The Sci-Fi Channel (US). http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

[This message has been edited by KoshN (edited December 14, 2001).]

Let's see if this works...
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep, works very well. Thanks.
smile.gif

Those UBB buttons - especially the URL one - are really great. I know the syntax but it's still easy to leave something out or do something wrong when posting a link like that, instead of the whole URL!
blush.gif
laugh.gif

------------------

Yep, works very well. Thanks.
smile.gif

Those UBB buttons - especially the URL one - are really great. I know the syntax but it's still easy to leave something out or do something wrong when posting a link like that, instead of the whole URL!
blush.gif
laugh.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

By the lack of response, I guess nobody likes my jacket idea. It would be better if the main picture and the ones in the lower left and right corners were available in higher res.

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back