• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Guess what I got in the mail >8-P

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KoshN:
By the lack of response, I guess nobody likes my jacket idea. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey, the jacket idea is great. And so is the design.
laugh.gif

It's just stupid of that SciFi channel of yours not to realise that in the winter, some people might like something a bit warmer than a T-shirt.

------------------
"Narns, Humans, Centauri... we all do what we do for the same reason: because it seems like a good idea at the time." - G'Kar, Mind War
Kribu's Lounge | kribu@ranger.b5lr.com

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kribu:
Hey, the jacket idea is great. And so is the design.
laugh.gif

It's just stupid of that SciFi channel of yours not to realise that in the winter, some people might like something a bit warmer than a T-shirt.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, it's not like I didn't tell 'em. I did in my letter, when they asked for ideas.
crazy.gif

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

"To Live and Die in Starlight"
pilot movie for "Babylon 5 - The Legend of the Rangers"
January 19, 2002 at 9PM & 11PM EST, January 20, 2002 at 5PM on The Sci-Fi Channel (US).
http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

I'm going to wear my shirt with a sweatshirt underneath. And yes, it *has* been cold here in San Diego, although the temperature is misleading. We never really get snow (except in the mountains), but I lived in Utah during the winter once, in the snow, & I never felt as cold there as I have here. It's because we have a lot of humidity, & Utah is drier. The cold here seems to go right through you. So I will definitely need that sweatshirt.

Tammy

------------------

"We're in here! Can anyone hear us?"
"I hear you." [giggle, laugh]
"In here!"
"We are here." [giggle, laugh]
-- Londo and G'Kar in Babylon 5:"Convictions"

Tammy's Station
http://community.webtv.net/gkarfan/TammysStation

No offence but the amount of people willing to wear a B5 jacket really isn't that great. Even a t-shirt is too much for me.

A jacket would probably turn off more casual fans than it would attract. I know if I knew little or nothing about B5 and had it recommended by a D&D obsessed type fan I would be more likely to run for the hills than follow their advice.

------------------
"Crying isn't gonna get your dog back. Unless your tears smell like dog food. So you can sit here eating can after can of dog food until your tears smell like dog food or you can go out there and find your dog."-Homer in The Canine Mutiny

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Doctor Gonzo:
No offence but the amount of people willing to wear a B5 jacket really isn't that great. Even a t-shirt is too much for me.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmn I dunno I would wear a jacket or t-shirt they main thing that woudl worry me is the design...and also I wouldn't want to wear some shirt somwhere wherer a bunch of other people are wearing the same thing...

------------------
Deviot
Lincbot@yahoo.com.au

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Doctor Gonzo:

A jacket would probably turn off more casual fans than it would attract. I know if I knew little or nothing about B5 and had it recommended by a D&D obsessed type fan I would be more likely to run for the hills than follow their advice.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So then wearing it with either my B5 Season 3 Jacket or Crusade Jacket would be too much?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I guess people are going to cringe when they open their Christmas presents this year, and treat the B5 DVD like a fruitcake.
shocked.gif

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

January 19, 2002 at 9PM & 11PM EST, January 20, 2002 at 5PM on The Sci-Fi Channel (US). http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

[This message has been edited by KoshN (edited December 14, 2001).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kribu:
It's just stupid of that SciFi channel of yours not to realise that in the winter, some people might like something a bit warmer than a T-shirt. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Geez, come on people ... I don't mean to pick on Kribu because I really do like her posts. However, I am a little ashamed to see so many people picking on SciFi about the t-shirts. They were FREE for gosh sakes and they never even had to make them in the first place! It just seems a bit ungrateful and I cringe at the thought of SciFi people reading this thread.

I think we should stop nitpicking SciFi's t-shirts and focus more on making our own like Channe is doing. Then you can have it almost any way you like.
smile.gif

Don't get me wrong because I agree that it would have been -nice- to have cast photos or long sleeves or sweatshirts. However, considering the extra money it would have taken to do those things ... just to be sent out FREE (including postage) to a couple hundred fans ... I am just happy to have one at all.
tongue.gif

*apologizes if she is being overly sensitive in this matter but felt it had to be said*

------------------
Monica Hübinette | monica.hubbe.net | The Abyss : B5
It is an infinite helix, the dance of two souls resonating, like the twist of DNA, like the vast universe. --Banana Yoshimoto (Lizard: Dreaming of Kimchee)

I'm agreeing with Lyta, here.

Package postage is not inconsiderable. At all. Although not as expensive as it could have been, Sci-fi obviously did it because they thought it would be a good marketing tool - and, you have to agree, it made some fans very, very happy.

AS FOR THE DVD -

I'm taking a practical stance, here. DVD's were not a big thing when In The Beginning was made. In their infancy, in fact - very few movies, especially TV movies, were made with the expectation that they'd NEED extras.

Movies today are put on DVD, and extras are made along with the DVD. For example, I watched The Sixth Sense on DVD tonight with the family, and all of that stuff was created when people KNEW it needed to be created.

The last priority the makers of ItB had was DVD extras, because at the time it wasn't needed, there was no chance of a DVD release. And it's really expensive to go back and create stuff just for the DVD.

So, here we are.

------------------
The writer's life is not meant to be a happy one. We all accept that going in. -JMS

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lyta:
Geez, come on people ... I don't mean to pick on Kribu because I really do like her posts. However, I am a little ashamed to see so many people picking on SciFi about the t-shirts. They were FREE for gosh sakes and they never even had to make them in the first place!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're welcome to pick on me all you want.
smile.gif

While I wasn't being entirely serious (although I may have forgotten the
wink.gif
smiley in my post... silly me!), and I have no say in this matter anyway, I do think that if SciFi is already making an effort to get people promoting the movie, then wearing a T-shirt in the middle of the winter isn't the most practical idea.
wink.gif

Don't get me wrong, I understand the cost issue and know that what they're doing is great. Any effort on SciFi's side is wonderful - at least they're doing something!

And as has been said, T-shirts can be worn over a long-sleeved shirt.

Still, maybe it's just my fashion sense but I have never worn a T-shirt over a long-sleeved shirt... and wouldn't do it either. Perhaps a long-sleeved T-shirt would have been the perfect compromise, as you can fit a warm sweater under it and not look geekish.
laugh.gif
And a long-sleeved shirt wouldn't be that much more expensive to produce and ship.

But of course it's a little late to complain, and believe me, I'm not complaining. I really hope that the movie gets good ratings - as this is the only way I'd ever even have a chance to see it - and every promotion effort helps.

------------------
"Isn't the universe an amazing place? I wouldn't live anywhere else." - G'Kar, B5: Rangers
Kribu's Lounge | kribu@ranger.b5lr.com

Sure, a picture on the shirt would've been nice, & also the airdate of the movie, but I'm not really upset. I think SFC is actually doing a pretty good job promoting the movie so far.

Tammy

------------------

"We're in here! Can anyone hear us?"
"I hear you." [giggle, laugh]
"In here!"
"We are here." [giggle, laugh]
-- Londo and G'Kar in Babylon 5:"Convictions"

Tammy's Station
http://community.webtv.net/gkarfan/TammysStation

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by channe:
I'm agreeing with Lyta, here.

Package postage is not inconsiderable. At all. Although not as expensive as it could have been,
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed. They spent a total of $5.28 just for the postage to send me mine ($2.64x2). I don't know why they sent me two, ... but I'm not complaining!
smile.gif

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

January 19, 2002 at 9PM & 11PM EST, January 20, 2002 at 5PM on The Sci-Fi Channel (US).

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KoshN:
Agreed. They spent a total of $5.28 just for the postage to send me mine ($2.64x2). I don't know why they sent me two, ... but I'm not complaining!
smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh you were sent two because they didn't have the long sleeve shirts at scifi..and they wanted to make some attempt at keeping you warm..easy double layer..
crazy.gif

------------------
Deviot
Lincbot@yahoo.com.au

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>don't know why they sent me two, ... but I'm not complaining! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They sent you two so you could send one to me...
laugh.gif

------------------
Faith Manages

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Deviot:
Oh you were sent two because they didn't have the long sleeve shirts at scifi..and they wanted to make some attempt at keeping you warm..easy double layer..
crazy.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ROFLMAO!
laugh.gif

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by coldsoup753:
They sent you two so you could send one to me...
laugh.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The extra's going to a local B5 buddy of mine (the one who introduced me to B5).

Sorry.
frown.gif

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

January 19, 2002 at 9PM & 11PM EST, January 20, 2002 at 5PM on The Sci-Fi Channel (US). http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

[This message has been edited by KoshN (edited December 17, 2001).]

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back