• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

I want all the seasons now!

jrose1965

Why is it taking so long to get all the seasons on DVD? At this rate we won't have all the seasons for another two years...why are they so cruel. :mad:

At least this way, I won't feel so bad leaving my tapes behind when I move. I can always get them on DVD. :)

Rommie :D

I know it's been posted before but I can't find it by searching the old posts. Does anyone have the release schedule for seasons 3, 4, and 5?

I know it's been posted before but I can't find it by searching the old posts. Does anyone have the release schedule for seasons 3, 4, and 5?

I didn't think that information had been made officially available. The last I heard was that S3 would be out in October, suggesting 6 months between every season.

At this rate we won't have all the seasons for another two years ... why are they so cruel. :mad:

At this rate (one set every six months) we'd have all the seasons by November of 2004. That is not two years from now. ;)

No one has any information about when the remaining seasons will be released because Warner Bros. hasn't released that information. Twice a year is a fairly typical schedule for most TV show. That's what Fox has been doing for X-Files, and those fans have more seasons to collect and therefore a much longer wait. It takes time to produce extras, master and digitize the DVDs etc., so unless a studio is willing to prepare all the episodes of a series and all the extras at the same time, and in advance of any sets going on sale, there is no way they can release a series that much more frequently. Paramount did exactly that with the Trek series, starting work on each a year before the first season went on sale and investing millions of dollars in the process because they knew the Trek audience would buy the DVDs. Warner Bros. had no such assurance about B5 fans buying the DVDs before the first season was released.

However...

There is some reason to believe that Warner Bros. may be speeding things up a bit. Work on the S3 set has already been completed. JMS reported a couple of weeks ago that he just got his commentary tracks recorded in time to meet the deadline. And a Warner Bros. release schedule for the UK that came out a few months ago showed S3 being released in September. This could be a typo, or it could mean that S3 is coming out about four months after S2 instead of six months later. If that's the case we could have S4 by the end of this year, and S5 in the early spring of 2004, rather than towards the end of the year.

Clearly the information that S3 is all-but-ready for replication indicates that Warner Bros. is confident that the rest of the series will do well, since they didn't wait for actual sales numbers on S2 before starting work (and running up expenses) on S3. It they start right in on the S4 set they could certainly have it ready to go before the end of the year, and possibly have S5 finished as well.

We'll just have to see what develops.

Regards,

Joe

Members online

No members online now.
Back