• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

JMS comes to VCon

I would. Most writers I know have CTS, including myself, and we're always talking about how to avoid feeling the symptoms, how much ibruprofen to take, etc., etc...

/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks Andrew for the questions. I like the last two since I would rather avoid any B5 specific questions about the story and possible storylines.

Channe, if I get the guts to even ask a question I will consider one of yours. As always, you come up with some good ones. Except for maybe the last one since I am not sure I want to bring up bad memories of his dislocated finger which caused him more trouble than carpal tunnel syndrome. Has he really not been afflicted with it after all these years? Maybe his secret was that Kinesis keyboard which he spend most of his time writing on: /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif
classic.jpg

Avoid B5-specific questions? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif I don't get that! What I'd most like to ask is: Would you like to tell the story of the Telepath War, either on the small screen, or the big screen, and do you think you'll get the chance? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hmm, I think I worded that wrong (hey, I was kinda tipsy!) but what I meant was specific B5 questions like what a character was thinking at a particular time. It just isn't my style so I would feel strange asking such a question. General B5 questions like how JMS would do Rangers differently if he had to do it all over again ... that I could do but I suspect that someone else will ask that question.

I really like the question about JMS and his wife dealing with him working in VanBC (what's this about a divorce?) and how being connected online with his fan base has affected him.

I may only get one shot to ask a question and I want to make it a good one. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I just got back from V-Con and it was a blast. I don't do all the normal convention stuff like parties and whatnot but I did help host the NW-B5 room on Saturday with showing a selection of Jeremiah episodes. Man, that was GREAT! Fabulous feedback and it was interesting to see their reaction to it and scenes where they laughed outloud. Everyone loved it and even though we started the night out with well over a dozen people, the half dozen that stayed for the whole night were absolutely enthralled. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I only had 5 hours scheduled but had 6 hours of episodes so I was really pushing their endurance. I showed all the big WHAM episodes so there was no leaving once you got into it. /forums/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Also, the JMS panel was great and he was -really- funny. He always has the best stories to tell about B5 and more. I recorded the whole session so once I transcribe that, look for it here or on my web site. I only got one question in so I hope you all like it. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Finally, the signing session was a real highlight for me. I have this custom designed mouse pad for Jeremiah that I had him sign which he LOVED. Sara "Samm" Barnes was also there looking at the art room at the time and JMS called her over to show her the mouse pad. He told her he wanted one for the office so I gave him and Sara a mousepad (after I dug out my extra copies). Also, after the third time seeing him in person, I finally got my picture taken with him. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ah, it was a great day and after I get my thoughts down, I will start writing up the experience in more detail.

PS: I guess Enid-Raye Adams did make it but I didn't see her. *sobs sadly*

Nice! Looking forward to the transcript. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

And that was really cool about the mousepads. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Shaal Mayan, even though I didn't ask your question, it did get asked early on. I have only done the first 15 mins (out of an hour) and it is taking a looooooong time to transcribe. Here is the answer to your question at least:

<font color="orange">Question: Is there any chance that Crusade will be [unintelligible]?

JMS: Any chance that Crusade will be coming back? Probably not.

Question: [same person, faintly] Any other formats, like books?

JMS: Other formats? Uhm, again not that I am aware of.</font color>

Oh and I was chatting with Channe this morning and remembered that JMS saw the address on the mouse pad and said he liked the site. Of course, I was a blabbering idiot after he praised my half-ass attempt at making a mouse pad so it hardly registered. Probably not a huge deal since it is likely that he sees most sites that deal with his work at some point ... but still ... he likes it, he really, really likes it! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

You are still my favorite Lyta. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Congrats, what a great experience!

Wow, even when I turn into a giddy fangirl? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Glad you had a great time /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks for recording it all and doing the transcript you and Channe (with your newsletter) along with every mod on this board do a great job for everything B5 and JMS. Thanks for everything /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Cerberus

It was JMS who told the actors about the old address of this site ww.b5lr.com, giving all of us a nice surprise when they turned up.

Darn Darn and I so wanted to see Crusade back on either the tube or books this is really depressing news .Does that mean there will be no more B5 books period ????????????? /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Cerberus, thanks! It really is appriciated that all our hard work is worth it (I know it is but it is -always- nice to hear feedback). There are some really funny bits in the Q&A session that I might just have to sample and post on the web site. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hmm, I wonder if I should ask JMS' permission before posting the entire transcript and putting his voice online. *hmms thoughtfully* Has anyone seen other people do something similar or am I just being ultra paranoid?

Andrew, I know JMS pointed the cast to this site so I know I am not entirely special knowing he visited my site and likes what he sees (otherwise, I am sure I would have gotten an email long ago) ... but it is certainly doesn't hurt to have it said directly to your face from the Great Maker himself. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Shaal, it was disappointing to hear as well but I am not entirely surprised either. It would take a LOT to get it going again and I think B5 would have to be more successful before he can even think about continuing the Crusade storyline or even more B5 books. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

What list?

Anyway, I will probably send JMS an email this weekend to ask permission before posting the entire transcript or any sound clips from the Q&A session.

I just hope I can get it done this weekend. *crosses her fingers*

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
What list?

[/quote]

Transcript may have been a better word. If printed on this forum or a newsgroup it is too late to ask for permission. The words have already been published.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back