• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Series commitment looks to be imminent

B5LR

Regular
<font size="+1">Series commitment looks to be imminent </font>
<font size="3">Nothing official yet, but things are looking good</font>

A number of my sources seem to indicate that a commitment for a B5LR series is pretty much certain. One went so far as to say that contracts could be signed within weeks.

Back around the time when the B5LR telemovie was first announced, JMS explained to the moderated newsgroup that the decision on a series could either be made on an early cut of the telemovie, or the ratings from its airing. If anything, the SCI FI Channel seems to be leaning towards the former.

Although a series is looking almost certain, it is plausible that the SCI FI Channel might still wait for the telemovie to air anyway, before making a final decision. That way if the telemovie did by any chance not do well, then they could decide to not go ahead with a series. However, a benefit in wasting no time in giving the series commitment will allow contracts to be signed, and for JMS to set down to work in advance of a 2002 filming date.

In terms of filming, around February 2002 was expected if a series did get commmissioned. However, a later date may now not be out of the question.

Remember, there is no official announcement one way or the other yet. If there is, it will be published here. But you may want to have the champagne on ice, as it's looking very hopeful. Did we ever have any doubt?

Oh, great. No celebration with champagne for me, but this sort of hope certainly calls for some ice water!
laugh.gif

------------------
"It's animal magnetism. What can I say."

Hmmm ... better add the Amaretto to my coffee.
smile.gif

------------------
"Personal journal, Captain Matthew Gideon, continue. It's now three days since our visitors arrived on behalf of Earthgov's Political Affairs Office. There is apparently some concern with how our work here is being perceived back home. They've been assigned to "help" us. Before their tour is finished, I may have to kill them. Assuming, Lt. Matheson doesn't beat me to it."

Yiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiippppppppppeeeeeeeee!
And as for me: yes, there was doubt. Even with Bonnie Hammer and her group I had to wonder if JMS would ever get a fair shake from any tv network.

------------------
"Why not? Only 1 Human captain has ever survived battle with the Minbari fleet. He is behind me, you are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else."

This is great news! I hope the deal goes through--I want more TV-stuff in the B5 Universe!

Tammy

------------------

WOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RW will celebrate with Pepsi, thank you very much!
Puts on roller skates and flies around the room! (My version of the happy dance---I'd rather do it on skates!
laugh.gif
)

------------------
Sheridan to Bester:
And I could nail your head to the table, set fire to it, and feed your charred remains to the Pak'ma'ra.

Has JMS posted an "EEP" yet?

For those who don't know, when JMS is not allowed to Say if a contract has been signed or not (because that is a Right the networks own, first announcements, that is), he instead just goes EEP.

an EEP is good news. Details follow when the network finally gets around to making official announcements.
shocked.gif

------------------
Yes, I like cats too.
Shall we exchange Recipes?

Well I suppose JMS would have to be told about this to give an EEP.
smile.gif
But who knows... maybe it will be brought up.

Also, notice in the article where I mention "That way if the telemovie did by any chance not do well." I did originally put "as if" after that bit... but kept it a bit more professional, and removed it. But I shall say here: fail? As if!

------------------
Dreg: "Most beauteous and supremely magnificent one, this dark spell I hold in my worthless and scabby hand is our gift to you, most tingly and wonderful Glorificus..."
Glory: "Please, call me Glory. And get up, looking at you is hurting my neck."
Dreg: "Forgive me, shiny special one. I beg of you to rip out my inadequate tongue."
Glory: "Gimme."

[This message has been edited by AntonyF (edited July 09, 2001).]

So it begins.
laugh.gif

------------------
We are fighting to save one another and some of us must be sacrificed, if all of us are to be saved.- Kosh as G'Lan

Here is my dream Sci-Fi Prime Line up for Friday night

1. B5: Legend of the Rangers
2. Farscape
3. Battlestar Galactica(Yes this show is coming back!)

I hope this is true

smile.gif

------------------

*Pelvic Thrusts*
HOO-AHHH!
Hrmm, I'll have some honey.

Pssst, the REAL Friday prime should be I-Man, Farscape, then Lexx (on earth!).

Wow, I hope Sci-FI's insticts kick in and sign the deal NOW!!!!!!

------------------
I wish I had a quote....

Well, my day just got a whole lot better with news like this. For my celebration drink i'm gonna go get some quervo and a 6 pack of red stripe to wash it down with. I hope Sci Fi realizes that they've got a show on their hands that could blow the doors off all their other shows as far as ratings are concerned, at least i think so.

------------------
*said in vorlon accent* "We are all confused"

My Prime Lineup for Friday and Saturday

Friday

Invisible Man at 8
Farscape at 9
The Chronicle at 10

Saturday
Legend of the Rangers at 8
The Outer Limits at 9
Battlestar Galactica at 10

Oh, and show B5 reruns weekdays at 7, EFC reruns at 6, Star Trek reruns at 5.

------------------

Does the fact that sci-fi channel put its prime programming on at Friday night bother anyone? I've been interested in checking out Farscape, but it's on Fridays, when I'm usually out. Yes, I know I can tape it, but I don't have a VCR anymore. Besides, that means I'd start watching from the middle of the series and I hate that.
Most networks put their best stuff on weeknights prime time. NBC will never put Friends on Friday. People are out Friday and Saturday nights, so networks show crap like Bill Cosby talking to kids or Child's Play III.
I hope the Rangers show will be on a week night, prime time. If not, I guess I'll buckle down and buy a VCR.

------------------
"You do not make history. You can only hope to survive it."

Well you better get a VCR, because Sci-Fi Channel has their Sci-Fi shows on Either Friday or Saturday.

They tried a Monday Sci-Fi Prime, but it didn't last very long.

So My Guess is that B5LR, will be on Friday or Saturday

------------------
--------------------
"Let's split up"
"Good Idea"
"Yea we can do more damage that way."

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> In terms of filming, around February 2002 was expected if a series did get commmissioned. However, a later date may now not be out of the question.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you just saying that because nothing is set in stone, or is there a specific reason why it might start later than February?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> Most networks put their best stuff on weeknights prime time. NBC will never put Friends on Friday.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's exactly why SFC puts its original programming on Friday and Saturday, because there isn't much competition.

I'm really hoping for Friday, because it would be a lot more convenient for me than Saturday.

------------------

Yea, GkarsEye, it doesn't look good for a "weekday" broadcast, I'd think. My jaw dropped when I read your VCR post. If I did not have a VCR I'd die. SciFi switched us to something like an "Eastern" feed, so we get shows here about 2 or 3 hours later than usual. I'd miss everything without my trusty vcr.
crazy.gif

------------------
"Why not? Only 1 Human captain has ever survived battle with the Minbari fleet. He is behind me, you are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else."

I'm a bit surprised that they do that. Maybe they're afraid to compete with the networks?
If I have to get a VCR just to tape this show to hang out w/ my friends and/or girlfriend, I hope that they, and JMS, appreciate the effort I go through for them.
Yeah, that's right, damnit, JMS owes me!
laugh.gif

------------------
"You do not make history. You can only hope to survive it."

hypatia:

That wasn't Sci-Fi, that was your local cable or satellite provider. Sci-Fi only added a West Coast Feed earlier this year, until then everything went out on Eastern Time. Your provider either didn't switch you over, or did and switched you back. In that case, they screwed up, and you need to call them to complain. A lot of local cable outfits on the West Coast apparently never bothered to switch, because I've seen similar reports on other boards in the past few months. But I'm told that most providers will change to the correct feed if enough people ask (or if a few people ask loudly enough.
smile.gif
)

Regards,

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

joseph-demartino@att.net

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.