• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Technomage Books

I think anyone who reads scifi would enjoy the technomage books. They aren't very expensive but you're not likely to find them in a library
frown.gif

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black> We are told definitely in the second book that the Shadows gave the technology to the Technomages with the intention of using them in their wars. However, during the long 1000 year break between wars the mages started using their powers for good and that is why they decided to disappear when the new war appeared to be starting. They felt they couldn't support either side. Furthermore, the Vorlons wouldn't have trusted them because they are using Shadow technology. </font></td></tr></table>

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lennier:
About technomages:

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black>I doubt if they have any need for being supplied with Shadowtech. I suspect they found or took it (or accepted it in a bargain and gave the Shadows nothing in return).

<snip>

They started acting more openly again when they had learned to use, build and modify Shadowtech and considered themselves able to protect themselves and their secrets. When the Shadow war started they knew how vast it might become - and decided to move aside.</font></td></tr></table>

Well, that's my impression anyway. I still haven't read the technomage books.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black>
They don't know how to build the tech at all. They can integrate pieces of a chrysalis into their items, but they have no idea how to make the stuff. This is why they need to get it custom-made every 3 years by the shadows.
</font></td></tr></table>

------------------
"Expect me, when you see me."

That has to be the most spoiler boxes I've ever seen in a single post.
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif

------------------
"An empty eye sees through to an empty heart." --G'Kar-- "The Long Night"

The fact that they

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black>don't know is the root of many of their problems. It makes them afraid to face the Shadows and it gives Elizar something to rationalize his betrayal. </font></td></tr></table>

------------------
Bus
"The pink ones keep ya from screamin'." Grandpa

I keep waiting for the Shadows to say:

"No. I am your father (well, at least a forgotten great uncle), Galen. Search your feelings, you know it to be true.

COME TO THE DARK SIDE OF THE FORCE. TOGETHER WE WILL RULE THE GALAXY!"

laugh.gif

------------------
"What's up, Drakh?"

Michael Garibaldi

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>From what I understand, the Vorlons actively fought the Shadows 1,000 years ago.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I understood differently - the Vorlons only provided support to Their proxy races - the first Direct confrontation was the one we all saw in "Interludes & Examinations", and that breach of rules by the Vorlons (and Kosh in particular) was what escalated the Shadow War...

------------------
"ShadowScout"
Roman Alexander

What do you want?
ShadowShips!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back