• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

"Titans" -Warriors of Virtue

Re: \"Titans\" -Warriors of Virtue

Okay ; here's how I'm imagining what's going on on Ishnu and the entire story as a whole.

The cemetary scene: substitute Kaheel for G'Kar, Daly for Martel and the coffin ... well ...

Henderson's dad is in the coffin, he worked for the Corporation ( this we know ) and was a starship CO, his ship was the Copernicus, he refused to join a mission he didn't agree with and was thus 'kidnapped' and forced to submit to some rather nasty things. In the end, he agreed to command the mission and amongst his crew there were Daly and Keller.

David Henderson _knew_ that there was a bit of something not right in the Corporation and encountered a group that knew of these shadow operations. Actions like these got him killed, shot and buried on an unnamed planet somewhere in the cosmos.

Kaheel, present at the funeral, but this is not known by either Daly or Keller. He was working for the faction trying to expose the shadow faction within the Corp. This is the same as he's doing now ... he knows what is going on on Ishnu, somewhat more than he's letting on, but he doesn't know the total outcome of the entire situation.

The current story takes place ten years after David's death and funeral.

Questions unanswered:

1) If the coffin was David Henderson's, why has it been moved from its burial place to
Ishnu.
2) How much exactly does Kaheel know ?

------------------

After I posted the thing about the Captain, the thought passed my mind that fishing boats and the like use "Captain," too, and as I spent many a summer in Massachusetts fishing towns, I didn't know why it didn't come faster... well, anyway, I couldn't post until now, so - whoops!

I've been imagining, and it's been implied, that Chenei has a past with a capital P. She was in charge of the operation Kaheel was on fifteen years ago, which now has him in major trouble with the Vai.

I would like to think that Chenei's scientists - if not Chenei herself - were also trained on other jobs to run the starship. That would make a *lot* of sense.

This may sound silly, but please say they're not using fire for the torches - please say they're not fire! (You'd want to conserve your oxygen as much as possible, floating around in dead in space like that, just in case someone came looking for you...)

Ok, we know Henderson's dad was a scientist, pretty high up in the Company, involved with some very hush-hush projects and the holder of knowledge he wasn't supposed to have. All we know is that one night, someone came to the house and took him forcibly away while little Kate was listening.

Oddly, this was about the time that a mid-level just-out-of-school company research staffer named Chenei got promoted.

Daly and Keller were security guards at the time, and were about to be embroiled in the Regulan conflict; they weren't yet involved in Special Ops.

The fate of David Henderson is something I would not like to decide on right now. It's one of the little mysteries of the story that could go one of many ways, and while having him in the coffin would be cool, having his fate take him somewhere else would be awesome.

I'd like to find the answer out within the story, like we've been doing. That's just my opinion, though.

As for your question about Kaheel, ask Obsessed, 'cause he's been Kaheel's brain lately. Obsessed, just how much does Kaheel know?

------------------
In our sleep, pain which cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, until, in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom through the grace of God.
-Aeschylus

TIMELINE OF WHAT WE KNOW (taken from previous posts)

May 2225: Outer Colonies' Civil War in full-force. Keller emigrates with her family from Regula on the transport Deimos.

January 2232: Kaheel emigrates to Earth from his home planet of Calder and joins the Earth military.

January, 2235: First contact with the Vai; they make their infamous Request to the government. The Regulan resistance movement begins to attempt a coup against the Earth government.

July, 2235: Detroit Free Press publishes breaking news about the Vai Request; there is public outcry and backlash.

August, 2235: David Henderson disappears from his home, among other noted scientists working for the Government and for the Company. Daly and Keller, working for the Company at the Trevayne facility as security guards, are forced to watch the execution of Company men working on a project they're guarding and subsequently join the Regulan resistance movement.

Late August, 2235: Vai attack three near-Earth transports enroute to Mars, among them the transport Joshua Coxx, which has onboard Kaheel's family. 430 souls lost. Seventeen scientists and government officials reported missing at Earthgov. Dr. Chenei is promoted to the position formerly held by Dr. David Henderson. Kaheel is reassigned to a special division working with her research department.

Late October, 2235: Earth puts down the Regulan resistance movement. Daly and Keller lose an entire cell to Earth troops. No contact with the Vai or their homeworld.

Early December, 2235: Daly and Keller are hired by the Company for their Research & Retrieval division.

April, 2250: Chenei is reassigned to the Titan. The CSS Titan, under the command of Captain James Daly, arrives at planet Ishnu. Shit begins to hit the fan.

------------------
In our sleep, pain which cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, until, in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom through the grace of God.
-Aeschylus

Kaheel knows everything.
wink.gif

Well, sort of. He seeks news of his family but doesn't hold any hope for them. And he was surprised at the revelation of what the Vai had accomplished with their experiments. But aside from that he knows what's going on and he's not here by accident. This is a mission of vengeance. He helped kill a world and he's not done yet.

I kinda need to have Krrzkadd explain their experimentation process and some of the other results as well as what their goal is, but I've been so tied up. Even now, I need to enter a report online for a side job of mine. Jeez!

And as for Doctor Henderson, hmmm. I'm pretty sure Channe and I are on the same page.

cya soon

------------------
By Grabthar's Hammer!
By the Suns of Worvan!
You Shall BE AVENGED!
~Doctor Lazarus, Galaxy Quest episode 52, "Today is the Tomorrow of Our Yesterdays"

EXT. DEEP SPACE

A sleek blue planet, in the mid-distance, partially covered in clouds ...

LEGEND indicates: ONE BILLION YRS AGO

INT. ALIEN LAB

A male alien, dressed as a scientist, works at a bench and then turns ...

A massive STASIS CHAMBR rises out of the floor, glass window covered with frost.

The scientist takes a step towards.

SCIENTIST
Yes. Project Calderus will be
a great triumph for the Vai
Hegemony ...
(picks up a hypospray)
Just a few more days and it
will all be perfect ...

The scientist raises the hypospray into our view and presses it into a socket on the stasis chamber, depressing a button.

HISSSS ....

We close on an array of transparent pipes as a green liquid travels through them.

The scientists wipes some frost from the stasis chambers window ...

The scientist reacts, smiles.

ANGLE ON THE STASIS CHAMBER WINDOW

The person inside bears an almost perfect resemblance to KAHEEL !!!

SMASH CUT TO:

EXT. SPACE

The CCS SHADOW charges through space, passing us at a steady clip and heading into the distance ...

INT. SAKURA'S CABIN

We pan across the cabin, across a tidy bunk, across alphabetically arranged book shelves, polished wood surfaces ...

... rest on SAKURA who lies face down on the floor.

We pan to his computer ...

CLOSE ON COMPUTER MONITOR

OMEGA X BLACK FILES TRANSFERRED TO PERSONAL MONITOR OF SENIOR OFFICER E. LANGLEY. CHANGE ALL ACCESS CODES TO HERS ...

We pull back from the monitor, pass SAKURA's dead body and out the window to ...

EXT. DEEP SPACE

... away from the CCS SHADOW and we see the massive corporate ship head into the distance.

------------------

INT. SHADOW - BRIDGE

Langley sits, resolute, in the captain's chair, while the regular business of the bridge flickers around her. If she's nervous, she hardly shows it; but she is, and there's that slight bit of the tilt of her head and the movement of her eyes that make you realize that, indeed, Langley is *very* nervous.

The Comm Tech turns again.

COMM TECH
Corporate's requesting to speak with you on channel five.

Langley sighs a bit. She turns to the set of readouts by her chair, presses a button. The face of JOSEPH CALLENEGRA, CEO, pops onto the screen.

CALLENEGRA
Langley. Where's Sakura?

LANGLEY
Confined to quarters for breach of Company regulations. It's all in the report I just sent, sir. Mr. Callenegra, it's an honor, sir.

CALLENEGRA
What the hell is going on out there, Langley?

LANGLEY
Captain Sakura disobeyed the regulations in the Company handbook stating that the nearest Company ship must respond to a distress call sent by another Company ship. I simply enacted the proper-

CALLENEGRA
Turn around, Langley. Come back to base.

LANGLEY
With respect, sir, but I have a few friends on the Titans, and there are survivors on that ship, perhaps waiting for the next hull breach so they can get sucked out into space to die a very gruesome death among the wreckage of their trust in the Company that they worked for, and -

CALLENEGRA
Langley, you are walking a rather unsteady tightrope, one that will land you getting transferred to a passenger transport serving drinks.

LANGLEY
What's this in the mission statement, sir? "Dedicated to preserving life in all forms?" I don't think turning my back on the Titans right now will help me follow my-

CALLENEGRA
Turn around now or I'll send someone out to stop you.

LANGELY
And fire on me? You couldn't do that. It would get out. The media would have a field day. (she stops for a moment) You don't want what's happening on Ishnu to get out, do you?

CALLENEGRA
This is too big for you, Langley. Fine, go after the Titans - if you get back I doubt I'll be as receptive.

He cuts the transmission.

LANGLEY (under her breath)
Well, there goes my career. I always hated being a bleeding heart.

The door to the bridge opens, and a wild-eyed retrieval team member walks in.

TEAM MEMBER
Sir - Captain Sakura - he's dead -

LANGLEY
I just left him a half-hour ago!

INT. CSS SHADOW - HALLWAY

Langley and three Team Members are walking briskly down the cooridor, which is tiny, spare, and claustrophobic. They're joined by a Doctor in a white lab coat just before they reach Sakura's door.

LANGLEY
Open it, override CO, Langley.

There's a click, and they push open the door.

The Doctor rushes straight to Sakura, takes his pulse - and shakes her head.

DOCTOR
Dead, sir.

Langley looks like she's just swallowed something unpleasant.

LANGLEY
That man was alive and very well a half-hour ago... Doctor, I'll want an autopsy.

DOCTOR
Of course.

Close on Langley's face, as she looks around the quarters, as what she's just said to Callenegra hits her, that this is turning out to indeed be something more than she can handle.

CUT TO:

INT. CSS SHADOW - BRIDGE

Langley enters the bridge again, takes her place. She turns to the readout monitor, and something catches her eye: just four lines.

OMEGA X BLACK - TRANSFER COMPLETE
I'M SORRY FOR GETTING YOU INTO THIS EMILY
ONCE YOU READ THIS THERE'S NO TURNING BACK
H. SAKURA

She looks around, reaches for a set of personal VR glasses, and plays the message.

Close on her amazed, horrified response to what she sees.

--

I've gotta do some work; I have some plans for Henderson and keller, though
smile.gif

------------------
-Aeschylus

[This message has been edited by channe (edited November 09, 2001).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> A male alien, dressed as a scientist, works at a bench and then turns ...
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Silly question:
What did the Well Dressed Alien Scientist WEAR 1 Billion years ago??
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

And, if this is an Alien, how does the viewer know it's a male?
Are we doing Boob'n'ButtWatch style crotch shots here?? <EG>

------------------
The 3 most common elements in the Universe:
Hydrogen, Greed, Stupidity!

[This message has been edited by bakana (edited November 10, 2001).]

The alien is wearing a greenish-grey outfit that complements his brownish skin tone perfectly. It's shiny and it sure ain't humanoid. It has teeth, which are located in the thing's esophagus, where its tongue is also located. Thus, when it speaks, it doesn't move its mouth and instead you hear the voice come out of what a human would consider the stomach area.

How's that?

Been away from netlife for a bit - too much real-life work. I'll post some story later on tonight.

------------------
-Aeschylus

INT. HENDERSON'S CELL

As before. Henderson is sitting in the center of the cell, a leg drawn up towards her to block any vision of her hand slipping inside her jacket to see if, just maybe, she still has the knife Ground Ops people carry inside the lining of the jacket itself...

HENDERSON
I don't know anything.

ALIEN VOICE
You had the Secret. Tell us what you know.

HENDERSON
I don't know anything!

ALIEN VOICE
Tell us what you know.

The door slides open and the Old Man walks in, stopping a few meters from Henderson. He pushes off the cowl to his robe, and turns - for the first time, we see the electronics lining the back of his head, android-like.

OLD MAN
I'm afraid we can't take that for an answer, really.

HENDERSON
Who are you - Earthgov operatives? Tierrans?

OLD MAN
I don't understand children these days. Always asking questions. Children should be seen, not heard. Children should obey their betters. Didn't your father raise you right? Be a good girl and tell us how to unlock the Secret.

HENDERSON (looking forward)
Henderson, Katharine. That's my name. That's all I know.

OLD MAN
Tell us about the locking mechanism.

HENDERSON (not looking at the Old Man, her hand slipping inside her jacket)
Henderson, Katharine. I don't have the clearances for such information.

The Old Man approaches.

OLD MAN
We are not crude. We are not cruel, despite what you may have heard in rumors. We do not wish to discontinue a life, but if you do not tell us, we will discontinue the lives of your crewmates Keller and Lee.

HENDERSON (slightly desperate)
Henderson, Katharine. That's all I know. Honestly.

The Old Man is close, very close to Henderson. His voice lowers dangerously.

OLD MAN
There is no way you could have kept the Secret and kept your humanity at the same time. It would have driven you mad. What is the locking mechanism?

HENDERSON
I- I- think it's-

Her hand closes on something within her jacket. There's a ripping noise, and a flash, as Henderson springs up and attacks the Old Man in a fashion that might have disabled a grown man. The Old Man, however, looks like he saw it coming, and quickly disarms her - and in a show of strength ten times what he should have had at his age, throws her against the wall. The wall bends, catches Henderson, and then forms around her. The Old Man kicks aside the knife.

OLD MAN
Check the others for the same.

He approaches Henderson, held by the wall.

HENDERSON
What are you?

OLD MAN (ignoring her)
Children... should be seen, and not heard.

--

My brief contribution! I'm running around like a chicken with its head cut off, but as next week is my vacation, I should be around a lot more.

------------------
The writer's life is not meant to be a happy one. We all accept that going in. -JMS

INT. KAHEEL'S CELL, NIGHT

Kaheel is sleeping on the hard, yet unsettlingly warm floor of his cell. As he shifts position, his leg kicks out to one side, engaging an enemy in his dreams. His need to strike out, to strike back, is palpable. A shriek pierces the night. The Bloodsong has started again, and Kaheel rouses himself to peer from his cell out into the night sky.

In the few hours after the Vai fireball took to the sky, he'd seen the bright trails of debris streaking across the evening sky. His mind was a turmoil of emotions; from regret, to anger, to loss. Up until that point, he hadn't thought himself capable of emotion any longer. Through all he'd done in recent years, he could always comfort himself that he was hard and cold inside. The singlemindedness of his quest would provide all the satisfaction he needed.

And now this. The Titans was gone. More death on his hands.

They had been a good crew, dedicated to the pursuit of knowledge - and profit, of course. But despite their often dubious assignments, they performed their duties with integrity and professionalism. They were no mere mercenaries. Kaheel realized he had never allowed himself to become too close to his crewmates and now, all too late, he wished he had.

He hears footsteps approaching quickly down the hallway toward his cell. The door slides open and Kaheel sees his visitor is an old man dressed in a flowing robe. His hood is drawn back, revealing a grotesque series of implants along the back of his head. The old man rushes into the room, looking extrememly worried, and stands before him.

OLD MAN
Hand over your weapon, IMMEDIATELY!

KAHEEL
I have no weapon.

The old man reaches into his robe and brings out the energy weapon he'd fired earlier. He levels it at Kaheel.

OLD MAN
No games! I've just taken a carbon fiber blade off of one of your shipmates. We are doing the same to the rest. Hand over your weapon now, or I will shoot you down and take it off you myself!

KAHEEL (deliberates a moment)
Very well.

Kaheel reaches into his jacket with his left hand. The lining is already torn and he retrieves grey blade and, with a flourish, holds it out before him.

OLD MAN
A wise decision.

The old man takes the knife and an uncomfortable silence hangs in the air as he appraises Kaheel.
The Vai fear him, and he can see why.

The man is dangerous.

And yet he may hold the key - for the Vai, maybe even for.....

KAHEEL
Do I know you?

Under Kaheel's scrutiny, the old man suddenly feels vulnerable despite the weapon in his hand. He backs toward the door to exit the cell.

OLD MAN
No. No one knows me.

The door slides shut and the man is gone like an apparition, robes quickly flowing down the hall. As Kaheel stands silently in his cell, a single green rivulet of blood drips down his right forefinger.

------------------
By Grabthar's Hammer!
By the Suns of Worvan!
You Shall BE AVENGED!
~Doctor Lazarus, Galaxy Quest episode 52, "Today is the Tomorrow of Our Yesterdays"

[This message has been edited by B5_Obsessed (edited November 14, 2001).]

INT. KAHEEL'S CELL - NIGHT

Kaheel reclined in his cell, awaiting the next stage of this little game. He ignored the pain coming from his right arm. His self-inflicted wound was tied off with a tourniquet fashioned from the lining of his jacket. Without it, he would've bled to death already. He only hoped he wasn't left alone much longer. Blood was seeping through the tourniquet faster and if he didn't lose consciousness or die, his injury would soon be discovered and his plan would fail.

Timing was critical.

He concentrated on his breathing, and willed his heart to beat more slowly and thought about his visitor, the human.

What was his role in all this?

Kaheel was sure he had seen this man before but his age, combined with surgical mutilation, made identification difficult. He tried to picture the man as he might have once been - younger, with a thick mane of hair...

From the corner of the cell came a wet sound. Kaheel turned and could see the floor and ceiling stretching back into those bar-like formations. KRRZKADD was returning. Kaheel waited impassively, listening to the sound of his captor entering the cell through the unseen opening. Kaheel carefully stood, hands clasped behind his back.

KRRZKADD
YOU WILL COOPERATE NOW.

KAHEEL (without looking up)
I will not.

KRRZKADD
YOU HAVE SEEN THE PRICE OF DISRESPECT.

KAHEEL
What's done is done. Why threaten me now?

KRRZKADD
THERE ARE OTHERS. YOU WILL CONDEMN THEM TOO?

KAHEEL
We are all dead, anyway.

KRRZKADD
YOU WILL HELP US!

This last demand is accompanied by numerous grunting and gurgling sounds and the cell shakes as KRRZKADD's massive body slams the floor from it's darkened corner. Kaheel, intrigued by this new turn of phrase, makes a counter-demand.

KAHEEL
If I am to help you, you must tell me why.
Why the attacks, the victims, the experiments?
And don't just tell me they "amuse you"!
I want to understand. I MUST understand!

This was an odd mix of truth and deception, for while Kaheel was simply doing his best to gain information that he could exploit, another part of him secretly DID want to know and to somehow understand, although he was not consciously aware of it.

But despite his inner confusion, one thing was certain: He would never help Krrzkadd, even if the cursed thing bestowed the secrets of the Universe to him.

------------------
By Grabthar's Hammer!
By the Suns of Worvan!
You Shall BE AVENGED!

[This message has been edited by B5_Obsessed (edited November 14, 2001).]

INT. KAHEEL'S CELL - NIGHT

Continued, directly afterward.

KRRZKADD rumbles in the corner, as Kaheel watches carefully, searching for some sign in the dark corner. There is the now-familiar sounds of the door opening, and a muffled human grunt. Then, he hears the soft thud of human limbs falling to the floor. A light comes on to reveal a bruised and beaten Ari Keller, arms and legs tied viciously behind her. There is a small apparatus connected to her head just above her temple, which is connected to a larger machine resting at her neck. She looks around, and her eyes slide over Kaheel's position - it's obvious she can't see him, perhaps because the light around her is so bright, perhaps because of something else.

KRRZKADD
WE ARE FINISHED WITH EMPTY THREATS. HELP US, OR YOU WILL WATCH HER DIE.

Keller obviously understands or hears what was said; however, it seems that she can't move her legs, even as she tries. She opens her mouth, almost as if she was screaming something, but nothing comes out.

--

I was gonna do more with Chenei and the others, but I just got a lot of things tipped into my in-box. Ah, well - such is life.

------------------
The writer's life is not meant to be a happy one. We all accept that going in. -JMS

You almost forced me to do something rash, but I managed to buy a little more time.
I just didn't want you to come in and do it to me again, or KRRZKADD might never get to tell his story. I've been promising to finish that part for like two weeks now!

------------------
By Grabthar's Hammer!
By the Suns of Worvan!
You Shall BE AVENGED!

Rash? Nah. I think it's proven that we can write our way out of anything, or into anything, as the case may be.

Decency rules that you not kill off Keller, and think of what we just found out about Kaheel's character through that little exersize.

I'm waiting with baited breath for Krrzkadd's side of the story.

------------------

Yeah, me too.

------------------
By Grabthar's Hammer!
By the Suns of Worvan!
You Shall BE AVENGED!

Waiting with baited breath, that is?

*reminds herself NOT to write Titans when she's had a bad day, next time.
smile.gif

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> Waiting with baited breath <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What are you using for bait? Italian Sausage, perhaps?

Or did you mean Bated Breath?? As in Holding it?
crazy.gif
laugh.gif
tongue.gif
wink.gif

------------------
The 3 most common elements in the Universe:
Hydrogen, Greed, Stupidity!

INT. KAHEEL'S CELL - CONTINUED

Kaheel is aghast at the sight of Ari Keller, bound and slumped on the floor. His heart pumps faster and he tries inwardly to concentrate. Blackness creeps in at the periphery of his vision. Calm. Must remain calm!

KRRZKADD was trying to force the issue, but was it a bluff? The Vai's experiments seemed to outweigh all other priorities. Indeed they had been desperate enough to obtain human specimens fifteen years ago that they had invited war, and subsequently their own annihilation. Would they kill off a subject now without thoroughly utilizing it? He just couldn't be sure. They had destroyed the Titans without hesitation. And where had they gotten that weapon?

Kaheel struggles with indecision, calculating possible outcomes, before he dares to speak.

KAHEEL
Kill her if you will, but I must know the truth.

Keller can see Kaheel speaking toward the unseen captor, unaware that she may be moments away from death. Then, inches from her face, she sees the small spots of blood on the floor. Fighting disorientation, she looks closer at Kaheel. His hands are clasped behind his back in a formal posture. His lower sleeve appears slick with moisture. What the hell is going on?

Silence.

KRRZKADD
SHE DIES!

Kaheel's heart nearly leaps into his throat at this. He'd played his hand and been terribly, terribly mistaken!

Not again!

Kaheel looks to Ari Keller and their eyes meet, communicating volumes.

Nothing happens.

The rumbling sound erupts from the corner. Kaheel recognizes it as KRRZKADD's laughter.
A bluff! Kaheel fights the urge to pass out. He must stay focused for this.

KRRZKADD
YOU ARE RUTHLESS. AND YET YOU WOULD JUDGE US.

Kaheel says nothing.

KRRZKADD
YOU SEEK THE TRUTH

KAHEEL (weakly)
Yes.

KRRZKADD
SO BE IT

From her position on the floor Keller can see Kaheel, still rigidly at attention. He looks ashen and weak.

He appears to be listening intently.

Channe, don't go in that cell!
laugh.gif

------------------
By Grabthar's Hammer!
By the Suns of Worvan!
You Shall BE AVENGED!

The cell is yours. I couldn't help myself - felt like raising the stakes, there.

*sweet smile*

Naw, I'm back to Daly and the others, as soon as I can get this frelling deadline off my desk.

------------------

I think he's baiting you, Channe.

My cat has bait breath, but that's beside the point.
smile.gif

------------------
By Grabthar's Hammer!
By the Suns of Worvan!
You Shall BE AVENGED!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back