• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

To Dream in the City of Sorrows...

Kribu, you're not alone on this. Covers bearing only one colour always catch my attention before the rest.

it's a LOT different than the old one actually... which I kinda liked :)

maybe mine will be a collector's item now...

I actually read quite a bit. I have so many unread books sitting on my shelves, I rarely browse at the bookstore. At the library, maybe - but I usually only go to the store with my purchases already in mind.

So you're saying you don't judge a book by its cover? :D

I was just in my local Borders bookstore today, and the fact that a book's cover can grab my attention was true today like it is every time I go in there. I didn't buy any books, just a couple of CD's that I wanted, but I did stop and look at a few of the epic fantasy books. That's my favorite kind of read. :D

So she "pleases" JMS and her word is "cannon"? :confused:

Ah, I am one of the few who seem to be saying "heck with it."

JMS had his ideas. What he would or would not have done with this material is really just not known.

So phooey on it all.

Well, this isn't exactly Star Trek. One of the reasons that there's never really been a "canon war" among B5 fans is precisely because there's this acceptance out there that, if JMS approves of a story as being an "official" component of the universe, then it is. :) And I think that having his official input into non-filmic tales -- and having them come directly out of the filmed canon -- can only help, in the long run.

The old cover was a badly composed and badly executed painting. This one is a vast improvement.

Well, ahhh, to paraphrase Marge Gunderson, I'm gonna have ta disagree with ya on that last one, there, Joe. ;) I actually thought that the original cover was one of the better ones done for the series, and definitely better than the ones made for J. Gregory Keyes' Psi-Corps trilogy.

But I do like the new one, though. :D

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The ones that attract me the most are the ones with the titles I'm looking for on them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you never just browse? See what catches your eye and buy? I've found some of my favourite authors that way.

I have never done this with books, but in the old days of LPs, that's exactly what I used to do, without even listening to the music first.

Sometimes it worked (like when I picked up a copy of 'A Farewell To Kings' by Rush), and others it didn't (like 'Spirit of the Age' by Hawkwind).

You don't get the same feeling browsing through CDs.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back