• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

What are you hopes for The Legend of the Rangers?

Lennier, that was positively beautiful.

------------------
"I do not believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense,
reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."-- Galileo

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> I'd also like to see Delenn, Ivonava and Lyta making guest appearances throughout!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lyta can't appear, she dies around the time of the teep war, and Rangers takes place after it.

I think I'll second my fellow ambassador's notion as well. Nice analysis. It's perfect how the balance of Delenn and Sheridan works out.

------------------
Sheridan: Are you trying to cheer me up?
Ivanova: No sir, wouldn't dream of it.
Sheridan: Good, I hate being cheered up. It's depressing.
Ivanova: So in that case we're all going to die horrible, painful, lingering deaths.
Sheridan: Thank you, I feel so much better now.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>I'd also like to see Delenn, Ivonava and Lyta making guest appearances throughout!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Would you settle for one out of three?
smile.gif

Lyta's been discussed. I think Ivanova is pretty unlikely as well. There were a lot of hurt feelings and bitterness (not to mention a lot of very public nastiness) when Claudia Christian declined to return for S5 and I don't know how things stand between her and JMS these days.

Regards,

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

joseph-demartino@att.net

Lyta dies?

When did this become accepted canon!?(Intensley disappointed face
frown.gif
)

I know Australia gets its Sci-Fi news a few months behind the US (excluding the world of the InterNet which I have only just joined), but I never ever new that!

Are you sure?

Joseph, if you read this, do you or does anyone else have details about this?

I ask Joseph because of his comment that there were discussions to have Patricia reprise her role in Rangers.

Help... I can't believe my favourite character could be killed off in such an... well, passing manner!

Great... now I'm going to need therapy!
tongue.gif
crazy.gif

------------------
"Officially, I'm a P5. Unofficially, my range is more... much more."

I'm not Joe but I think that the discussion about Patricia Tallman appearing as Lyta (in flashback, apparently) concerned Crusade, not Rangers.

And I believe that Lyta's fate was mentioned somewhere (Crusade bible?) as well as confirmed again by JMS in March (when the Rangers project was out in the open already).

But we can still hope about seeing the Telepath War - Lyta certainly ought to appear in that.
smile.gif

------------------
"It's animal magnetism. What can I say?"
- G'Kar, A Tragedy of Telepaths

Thanks very much Kribu.

I have only recently decided to join the masses online, and we don't get much general news in Australia on many things Science Fiction, let alone shows that no longer air - especially since Titan stopped producing their mag dedicated to the series.

I can't help but express my extreme sadness at hearing Lyta dies. At least with Sheridan we got to see some kind of resolution to his arc with Sleeping In Light.

I do hope along with you that we get to see the Telepath War, and find out once and for all what happens to Lyta, yet another of the many tragic characters in the B5 Universe.

I also hope JMS changes his mind and erases the Crusade Bible!
laugh.gif

Also... I have one more hope for the new series. I know this is unavoidable, but never the less we are talking about hope!

The one thing that bothers me most about Star Trek and those series' fans is the amount of tension and rubbish that surrounds each new series that is produced. The level of criticism and comparrison.

I would like to see Rangers be allowed to stand alone. Granted it is part of the Babylon 5 mythos and history, but I believe there is nothing less fair than comparing characters and actors to those who have gone before, and nothing less fair than saying 'This doesn't live up to that', when in essence every series is different to that which came before it.

As much as I love B5 (so much I think I have some kind of Obsessive Compulsive issue happening) I don't want to see it remade or re-invented, I want to see another aspect of it, hopefully carrying the same themes present in the original, and hopefully produced with the same creative quality that made Babylon 5 stand out so far above its peers.

I'm not having a go at the fans who do make comparisons, I am merely stating that it is unfair, and ultimately counter producitve. Legend of the Rangers will sink or swim on its own merits.

I just hope we can all support it, as we supported the original series when it aired in 93 (?).

I'll just jump out of my ivory tower now... is anyone holding a net?
------------------
"Officially, I'm a P5. Unofficially, my range is more... much more."

[This message has been edited by Catheryn (edited August 06, 2001).]

You're welcome, Catheryn.
smile.gif

And if you think you don't get much Sci-Fi news in Australia - well, just imagine what it's like in Estonia! Thank heavens for the Internet, that's all I can say.

---
Oh, and back to the original topic - first of all, I hope that we get a series. And if that happens, then I hope I get to see them - both the movie and the series. As for the movie - I have every confidence in JMS, the director and the actors, and I'm sure it will be fun.
smile.gif

------------------
"It's animal magnetism. What can I say?"
- G'Kar, A Tragedy of Telepaths

Myrl-
I disagree with you on Sheridan and Delenn not having faults. Sheridan had HUGE faults, as his people skills were crap. he said so in Racing Mars. Also, sometimes he thought more with his heart that with his head. The wrongful imprisonment of Morden in "In The Shadows of Z'Ha'Dum" for one, and his reckless attempt to rescue his dad in "
The Face of the Enemy" as another. Delenn also had issues, like her ability to be WAY too optimistic. She also tended to think with her heart far more than her head, like when she allowed grief to hatch an assenine plan to attack Z'Ha'Dum after Sheridan died there. She knew, as did everyone else, that it was suicide.

I think ALL of the Babylon 5 characters were VERY realistic, if you really look at them, and pay attention to their decisions and why they made them.

Although we are all entitled to our opinions.
laugh.gif

------------------

my hopes are that the TV-movie does well and turns into a series and the story arc of the series isn't about the crew of the Liandra being declared traitors to the Anlashok or the alliance.
smile.gif

------------------
Noone here is exactly what he appears.
Babylon 5
G'Kar - Andreas Katsulas

Everyone's already expressed most of my views, but mainly:

I hope it spurns a series that will be remembered in the annals of history *along-side* Babylon 5 as one of the great sci-fi shows that represented a quantum leap in sci-fi story-telling and in our thinking of what sci-fi is. Not merely thought of as a spinoff/footnote to B5.

Granted, that's quite enthusiastic, but I have faith in JMS
smile.gif

Oh, and while he's at it, the same with Crusade too!
laugh.gif

-- Time

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back