• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Who'd have died?

Re: Who\'d have died?

No! Tirk wasn't expendable! At the very end of the series Tirk would have walked through the ship and onto the bridge to find everyone dead and go "I ... not cleaning this up."

My guess is that Sarah C. would be the first to go. It would need to be dramatic, so it would have to be one of the Big 3, David, Dulann, or Sarah. And since the series would absolutely require the back and forth, buddy buddy, of D and D, against my wishes Sarah would probably end up getting wasted while saving the rest of the crew from certain death. The love interest is almost always the most expendable, it just makes the lead that much more "dramatic" seeming.

But in the interest of efficiency, Tirk would be MY choice to toss, unless he recieved some MAJOR development. He adds little, perhaps some staunch loyalty and heart, but not much entertainment value, save some limited humor. I vote for Krib's option, drop something on Tirk too heavy for him to lift...... /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I wouldn't waste Sarah, even if my life depended on it, she's just too cute. Even if she left the series, I would just have her being reassigned to some fresh off the production line ship for a shake out mission, hehe. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

I wouldn't want to see Sarah die. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Actually, I wouldn't want to see any of the following die: David, Sarah, Dulann, Kitaro, Malcolm, Firell, and Na'Feel.

To play the Grinch, everyone is already dead since Scifi killed a series. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Well then, Me care about Tirk. Tirk most favorite of my favorite. Me NEVER want to see Tirk die. Tirk my favorite. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

(take Tirk, take Tirk!!!)

And no, they aren't all dead.....they're all in suspended animation "until a way can be found to revive" them..... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

2aMageing wrote: "And no, they aren't all dead.....they're all in suspended animation "until a way can be found to revive" them....."

Okay. I'll buy that but am not holding my breath. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Yeah, use the alien healing device on them about 3 or 4 episodes after they are killed off. Or keep them in cryo until the season ending cliffhanger and bring them back to life for the ratings. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Interesting thread, however I am not totally sure I am onboard with the assumption that not all the main characters would survive. It is possible that was JMS's intent, and would just bring in characters as the story progesses like Marcus Cole. Lets look at the "MAIN" characters from B5 over the 5 Seasons:

(Spoilers below for some, so read with caution)

* Sinclair: Didnt get killed off, left the series because the actor did. Still was a part of the story though in Season 3.

Ivanova: Didnt get killed off. Only left the series in S5 because the actoress did. She was in the finale, Sleeping in Light (SiL).

Garibaldi: Was in all 5 seasons, and SiL. He lived.

Dr Steven Franklin: Was in all 5 seasons and SiL. He lived.

* Talia Winters: Only Seasons 1 and 2. Left series because the actoress left the series. Wasnt killed per say, her fate is unknown.

Delenn: All 5 seasons and SiL. She lived.

Londo: Was in all 5 seasons. Was not in SiL because his character died 2-3 years prior. However seeing as how it was done, and he was in the series till the end, I dont think this is the "killed off" that Antony had in mind when the thread was started. Londo was in the second-to-last episode of the series afterall.

G'Kar: Same as Londo, read above.

Kosh: It is arguable is Kosh is a MAIN character in the series, as he was always mysterious and appeared only in key sequences. He, however, was killed in Season 3 near the end.

So in MY humble opinion, there wasnt a single MAIN character from B5 that was killed off during its entire run. The 2 marked with a '*' left due to the actor/actoress leaving the series. It was never INTENDED for them to be killed off or leave the series per say, but things were adapted. The only character that comes close to being killed off officially is Kosh, which was intended, but its arguable if he was a MAIN character.

(end of spoilers)

So why did I go through all this trouble? Basically just to state that its possible all the the crew we saw in the pilot/telemovie could have been intended to live through the series. Key characters could have been brought in later seasons and have been killed off. But the bottom line with this is, that with JMS you just never know. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

I dare say you be right, Recoil. In all utter honesty, JMS has avoided "losing" main characters almost entirely. I think he felt he had to toss the dark side a bone somewhere, so he took the none too distant step of making Marcus a martyr for love.

I love the character that is Marcus, I really do, but those like that really are prone to martyrdom all too easily. They forget the value of living for a cause in their haste to make the supposed greatest sacrifice a person can make. But I think he would have to play that card at least once in Crusade and Rangers, provided the series lasted long enough...... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Prior to Marcus he'd killed Keffer, an "in the main titles" regular, and a certain Kosh. Actually he's said repeatedly that no one (with one or two exceptions) was safe, and that as he approached the end of each season of B5 he metaphorically looked around and considered who to kill - which character's death offered the most interesting story possibilities.

Regards,

Joe

Maybe he did the Sheridan dying on Z'ha'dum thing as a tease. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Feh. I was getting my hopes up and all that, after Z'Ha'Dum. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Let's face it, Joe, Kosh and Keffer were returning pseudo-regulars at best.

No, I thnk Sopranos (which I have never seen myself) sounds like the only show that honestly, regularly "kills off" their honest-to-god "stars".

Kosh was integral to the story in many ways. Keffer wasnt. He was just there to become obsessed with the Shadows and die at the end of the season. Even though he was in the main credits, I never considered him a key character let alone a main one. Kosh, while appearing sparingly, played a VERY key roll, so he could almost be considered a main character (and probably should be). I maintain the reason he was never in the credits is that it was just a robotic costume. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Robotic costume, one actor to move it, another to speak for it. When crediting anyone for Kosh, one would always remember that Kosh was such a... split personality, if I may say.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back