• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

A Pointless Martel Thread

Hmph! The nerve of these purples trying to spread their propaganda here!
laugh.gif

Well, you can't trick Gus that way, he's a green at heart, and we greens can't be fooled! Right Gus?

------------------
Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

You don't mind if I call you Gus?
I mean, I've taken the liberty, but I never really asked if it was okay with you.... I know, I'm a bad person that should get lashes for this, but hopefully you won't mind.

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Gus Lynch wrote

Drat! According to JMS's strict rules, now that I have put these ideas into the public forum, he cant write it in without risking litigation. So I guess we'll never know what could have been....sigh

Well, lets hope JMS can come up with something on his own. I think he may be able to pull it off.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I belive that this is a board that JMS does not (offically) read. So the restriction on story ideas does not apply.

------------------
Andrew Swallow

There is fan fiction here, he generally avoids sites with that.

------------------
"Crying isn't gonna get your dog back. Unless your tears smell like dog food. So you can sit here eating can after can of dog food until your tears smell like dog food or you can go out there and find your dog."-Homer in The Canine Mutiny

Poor Mr. Drazi.
frown.gif
Well, if you can take some good-natured ribbing from us, you'll fit right in here, Gus because we do that kind of stuff to each other all the time!
laugh.gif

------------------
Lorien: Who are you?
RW: The salad man.
Lorien: Why are you here?
RW: To be the salad ambassador.
Lorien: What do you want?
RW: Everyone to know the joys of salad.
Lorien: Do you have anything worth living for?
RW: Yes, my salad bars.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gkarfan:
Yeah, & have a burrito, too!
smile.gif

Tammy
Fan of Mexican Food

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Tammy. How have you been?
I just got back from holiday in Mexico, so I beleive Ill pass on the burritos for a while. I also love Mexican food...some would say....too much

mad.gif

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AndrewSwallow:
I belive that this is a board that JMS does not (offically) read. So the restriction on story ideas does not apply.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whew! What a releif. In that case Im sure all that stuff I mentioned will probably be written in then.

Or maybe I could get pregnant? Everyone seems to be leaping to the assumption that Tirk is a male Drazi. I think thats a bit closed minded.
I may be a very matronly and nurturing Drazi that takes care of the rest of the crew and gives them discipline and understanding. Just think of me as the Drazi Mrs. Garrett. That would make Myriam like Joe, Alex kind of like Natalie. And of course Dylan is written exactly like Blair. And lets face it, its hard to tell G'Kar and Tootie apart.

Gus

PS-B5:LotR is NOTHING like Facts of Life in Space. Honestly. Please still watch on Jan 19th.

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gus Lynch:
I'll demand more Tirk centered plotlines. I'll require a love interest.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good luck on finding one. I think Dean has already bribed JMS and reserved the female cast for his own character.
smile.gif
Hee hee.

You'll have to go for a guest star.

------------------
"In the book which is my memory, on the first page of the chapter which is the day that I met you, appear the words: 'Here begins a new life'"

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AntonyF:
Good luck on finding one. I think Dean has already bribed JMS and reserved the female cast for his own character.
smile.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

But if Tirk is a female Drazi, that shouldn't be a problem.
tongue.gif

Besides, Gus has a point.
laugh.gif
How do we know Tirk is male? Have we ever seen a female Drazi?
shocked.gif
laugh.gif

------------------
"Narns, Humans, Centauri... we all do what we do for the same reason: because it seems like a good idea at the time." - G'Kar, Mind War
Kribu's Lounge | kribu@ranger.b5lr.com

Actually, I thought that it was either the Drazi or the Pak'ma'ra that was supposed to be hermaphroditic or having only one sex to the species, 'cause we've never seen a female of either species (even when Lyta and Franklin visited Draziland...
smile.gif
) Of course, we could always assume that the Drazi have an extremely patriarchal, Ferengi-like society, or that female Drazi aren't allowed off-planet (did you ever see a female Drazi on Babylon 5, even in The Geometry of Shadows?). Or, of course, there's also the possibility that Channe has gone off the deep end with wild speculation and needs to be committed...

Does Tirk speak in macros, too?

No, JMS doesn't read this board, which is why people can run around here calling me "the next JMS...."

------------------
The writer's life is not meant to be a happy one. We all accept that going in. -JMS

[This message has been edited by channe (edited December 03, 2001).]

Gus, you could tell us that Martel was Kirk, Dulann was Spock, and "Rangers" resembled a bad episode from the first season of The Next Generation, and - GASP - we'd still tune in on January 19th (with popcorn, no less!)

Of course, what would happen *after* that wouldn't be pretty.

*evil fannish grin*

------------------
The writer's life is not meant to be a happy one. We all accept that going in. -JMS

We do see a female Drazi in the Techno-mage books. I would probably agree about keeping the females subjugated at home. The Drazi are a very macho race. The Drazi female in the book (what was her name?) wore human clothes and spoke perfect English. She may have been raised off world or run away from her homeworld at an early age in search of greater freedom.

Also, with the Pak'ma'Ra, the female is actually the hump. They are small and spend their time riding of the backs of their larger mates.

Sounds like a few wives I know!
laugh.gif

And welcome back and congrats to Gus. You sound like a real cut-up!

------------------
"Draal gave Zathras list of things not to say.
This was one. No.... *tsk tsk*
No. Not good.
Not supposed to mention... "one", or... THE one.
Hmmmm.
You never heard that."

Obsessed -

AH! Yes. It *was* the Pak'ma'ra I had heard that about, then, but I had no idea about the hump being the female.

I haven't read too much in that direction, just a little bit - so I guess I didn't get to the female Drazi part, yet.

I wonder if the Drazi ever had a women's liberation movement.

God, Pak'ma'ra marriage ceremonies must be... really interesting...

------------------

Another female Drazi reference: Londo was teasing the Drazi ambassador that his wife was sleeping around with the Gaim. I can't recall the episode, though. Londo was making several anti-Drazi comments, like they were all incredibly insecure.

Okay, Gus managed to completely hijack the thread. Back to the starting topic, wasn't that warship destroyed? IIRC, the Emfeeli in "Shadow Dancing" was ordered to protect the encircled Drazi warships. And it sacrificed itself to do so, as it took fire from three Shadow vessels. One even flew through the debris.

Admiral Dave

------------------

Through some strange coincidence I managed to get another cast member to dislike me.... So I have only, what, two or one to go for it to be the entire main cast?
laugh.gif
And I have quite a lot of time to do it in since the movie is gonnna be out somewhere in January. Oh well, if I don't succeed there is always Enterprise, I could go piss off people there
laugh.gif

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by channe:
I forget all about Londo teasing the Drazi ambassador about his wife!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Well, I know I reacted to that when I first saw the episode, because I was quite certain jms had mentioned somewhere that the Drazi had only one sex.

------------------
"The world is a cold, heartless place... It's hurt you and it's hurt me.
But no more! For now I have the power DiTillio - The power to end the world!" (hear it)
-- Jeremy, "Ragnarok and Roll", The Real Ghostbusters

drakh@spamcop.net

Maybe the word "wife" in the Drazi language doesn't necessarily connote a female.

I hope they tell us Martel served in the Shadow War. That gives him history - both with the Rangers and with the audience. We went through the Shadow War (well, ok, vicariously). We'd know where he was coming from.

And, hell, I don't know about you people, but I'm hankering for another view of the Shadow War. What did it feel like for those NOT in the command crew?

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by channe:
Maybe the word "wife" in the Drazi language doesn't necessarily connote a female.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Yeah, I though of something like that, but then (IIRC) Dureena made another refrence to male Drazi in A Call to Arms, and we finally have a female Drazi in one of the books. So even if it was the intention at the start, it ain't canon any more...

------------------
"The world is a cold, heartless place... It's hurt you and it's hurt me.
But no more! For now I have the power DiTillio - The power to end the world!" (hear it)
-- Jeremy, "Ragnarok and Roll", The Real Ghostbusters

drakh@spamcop.net

Ok. So, it's established. Tirk can have a love interest and not have the uncomfortables in the audience screaming for cancellation.
smile.gif

------------------

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back