• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

A Pointless Martel Thread

Ok. So, it's established. Tirk can have a love interest and not have the uncomfortables in the audience screaming for cancellation.
smile.gif

------------------
The writer's life is not meant to be a happy one. We all accept that going in. -JMS

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by channe:
Tirk can have a love interest and not have the uncomfortables in the audience screaming for cancellation.
smile.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>...until we find out that before joining the Rangers, Tirk stared in several of Eilerson's "special" movies...

------------------
"The world is a cold, heartless place... It's hurt you and it's hurt me.
But no more! For now I have the power DiTillio - The power to end the world!" (hear it)
-- Jeremy, "Ragnarok and Roll", The Real Ghostbusters

drakh@spamcop.net

No, I was right! It was the Enfalli Martel was on, and it *was* the Enfalli that was involved with those Drazi warships in the battle during "Shadow Dancing!"

I just mixed up the names, that's all...

LOL! I think Eilerson, besides Gideon, was one of the most fleshed-out characters in Crusade. I could never decide whether to like him or give him a swift kick in the arse (mentally, of course. It's not like I could waltz down to the Crusade soundstage and catch David Allen Brooks in the britches while shooting.)

------------------
The writer's life is not meant to be a happy one. We all accept that going in. -JMS

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by B5_Obsessed:
I also find the possibility of Martel being second-in-command on a Sharlin Cruiser
(1.)at the age of 27 or 28 and
(2.)a mere year and eight months (give or take) after Sinclair got humans admitted into the Rangers as HIGHLY improbable.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

(1) Could he be a prodigy?
(2) Marcus Cole was talking to Entil'zha over breakfast a year or so after Sinclair got humans admitted to the Rangers.

Well, there's always the question of what Martel did before joining the Rangers. Could he have been Earthforce, disgruntled and seeing what Sheridan saw in Clark? A similar kind of job? Maybe he worked for IPX?

Ahh, idle speculation. Soothes the weeks until we find out for sure. We should all take bets. Whoever's closest gets... I don't know, their own thread?
smile.gif

------------------

Some random points.

The Rangers fought in the Earth/human civil war.

We do not know what the Rangers were doing in the Telepath War. Psi Corps had some spaceships.

The Rangers could have been attempting to find all the damaged planets for 3 years by the time of B5LR. Some of the races may not have wanted to be found. Others could be attacking their neighbours, consequently would not want the Rangers interfering.

Drazi have a reproductive pouch under their arms; see "A Call to Arms".

------------------
Andrew Swallow

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AndrewSwallow:
We do not know what the Rangers were doing in the Telepath War.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Doesn't one of the books mention that the ISA intervened at the end of the war?

------------------
"The world is a cold, heartless place... It's hurt you and it's hurt me.
But no more! For now I have the power DiTillio - The power to end the world!" (hear it)
-- Jeremy, "Ragnarok and Roll", The Real Ghostbusters

drakh@spamcop.net

The last of the psi corp trilogy I believe.

------------------
"Crying isn't gonna get your dog back. Unless your tears smell like dog food. So you can sit here eating can after can of dog food until your tears smell like dog food or you can go out there and find your dog."-Homer in The Canine Mutiny

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by channe:

(2) Marcus Cole was talking to Entil'zha over breakfast a year or so after Sinclair got humans admitted to the Rangers.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

answer in spoilers from "to dream in city of sorrows book"

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black> the Entil'zah Sinclair met every human who went to Minbar..he became very good friends with Marcus..one reason was because Sinclair recruited Marcus' brother as the first human ranger(I think first or maybe one of the first) and he died....so Sinclair and Marcus had a common bond....also Sinclair was isolated in Minbar so he wanted compamionship/friendship</font></td></tr></table>

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AndrewSwallow:

Drazi have a reproductive pouch under their arms; see "A Call to Arms".

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

yep well at least male Drazi do I am unsure about female Drazi...I wonder how they reproduce..weird having reproductive organs in the armpit LOL

------------------
Deviot
Lincbot@yahoo.com.au

Deviot, what the heck is your avatar? A dragon? How did you slip a non-B5 avatar in? You must be getting to be an important person!
laugh.gif
cool.gif

------------------
"I do not believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense,
reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."-- Galileo

hypatia@b5fan.b5lr.com

FWIW, I think Tirk should be very cautious about asking JMS for a Love Intereest.

After all, this is the guy who had Londo & G'Kar hopppping into bed together.
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

------------------
The 3 most common elements in the Universe:
Hydrogen, Greed, Stupidity!

[This message has been edited by bakana (edited December 03, 2001).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> Deviot, what the heck is your avatar? A dragon? How did you slip a non-B5 avatar in? You must be getting to be an important person! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's the dragon from the beginning of the Crusade episode The Long Road.

------------------
Sheridan: Are you trying to cheer me up?
Ivanova: No sir, wouldn't dream of it.
Sheridan: Good, I hate being cheered up. It's depressing.
Ivanova: So in that case we're all going to die horrible, painful, lingering deaths.
Sheridan: Thank you, I feel so much better now.

We do see a Minbari warship destroyed but I don't know if it was actually the Enfeeli.

Also, check Antony's story info: I think Martel was on the Enfalli.

Close but no cigar.

But if the show is taking place in 2265 (or 2264 if you want to take Netter's word for it), it could be a totally unrelated battle. Then again, in the commercial it looks like Shadow fighters are being viewed on the screen by the Grey Council during Martel's "trial". If this is the case, we're talking about events that happened 4 years earlier, the most likely candidates being the battle from "Shadow Dancing" or the final battle in "Into the Fire". Has Martel been locked up in Ranger prison all this time? I dunno.

I also find the possibility of Martel being second-in-command on a Sharlin Cruiser
(1.)at the age of 27 or 28 and
(2.)a mere year and eight months (give or take) after Sinclair got humans admitted into the Rangers as HIGHLY improbable.

Speculate on!

------------------
"Draal gave Zathras list of things not to say.
This was one. No.... *tsk tsk*
No. Not good.
Not supposed to mention... "one", or... THE one.
Hmmmm.
You never heard that."

Sorry Channe but going back to Shadow danceing, the line was the Drazi are surrounded, warcrusier Emfeeli pull back and protect the Drazi.

But if its the same Emfeeli as Martel was posted too i dont know but some ship names were used more then once by different ships over the 5 years of B5.

I doubt a human would of been on a Minbari ship in any kind off major Position unless it was a whitestar maybe it was a whitestar named the Emfeeli but that doesnt make sense ether cos the whitestars were always refered to as whitestar number whatever .
now im rambaling so i'll go away
smile.gif

Never speak with your mouth full
Never speak with your brain empty.

------------------

First of all, let me say that I, Channe:

AM A BAD, BAD FAN!

Not only do I get my Minbari cruisers mixed up, I forget all about Londo teasing the Drazi ambassador about his wife!

I need to start taping these episodes, seriously.

Now that you mention it, I think the line went something like: "Drazi warships, go back and protect the Enfalli."

But you can't blame me. The Enfalli and the Emfeeli sound so much alike.

About Martel: there are so many human Rangers involved in high-echelon places and decisions by seasons 4 and 5 that I don't doubt they either a) have affirmative action, or b) went through a massive corporate restructuring to accomodate human talent.

I heard somewhere, though, that with the exception of ship captains, all Rangers are considered at the same level, under Ranger One, of course.

No, I think it was perfectly possible for Martel to get that kind of rank. I just hope that JMS explains it!

------------------

Another possibility - were the Rangers involved in the Centauri conflict in the fifth season? If so, Martel could have definitely fouled up there.

Then, there's always raider attacks, pirate doings, etc., but I think it would be more important or affecting that Martel be "courtmartialed" for something having to do with the Shadows or another, related, B5 battle. It makes for a good fan connection.

------------------

Another thought, that was a Minbari war cruiser, so shouldn't it have been crewed by the warrior caste, not the Rangers?

Still, I do want to know what Martel did before the incident, one does not start as a captain. And it's possible that he served during the Shadow war, as a junior officer aboard one of the White Stars.

Admiral Dave

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Deviot:
yep well at least male Drazi do I am unsure about female Drazi...I wonder how they reproduce..weird having reproductive organs in the armpit LOL

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, lets just hope we got to series and Ill keep pushing hard for that love interest.

tongue.gif
wink.gif

Heck, Id be happy with just a steamy halo brothel scene.

------------------

I just had a bad mental image of Drazi roll-on contraceptive (unscented).

------------------
"Draal gave Zathras list of things not to say.
This was one. No.... *tsk tsk*
No. Not good.
Not supposed to mention... "one", or... THE one.
Hmmmm.
You never heard that."

I assume that tight hugging is out of the question for the Drazi then... unless they want kids?
tongue.gif

------------------
"Narns, Humans, Centauri... we all do what we do for the same reason: because it seems like a good idea at the time." - G'Kar, Mind War
Kribu's Lounge | kribu@ranger.b5lr.com

Somehow I don't think that the Drazi are the touchy-feeling, huggy type...

Or maybe Tirk likes skipping among the daisies, gathering bouquets for his illicit Drazi love in his spare time.

They'd be purple flowers, of course.

------------------

Latest posts

Members online

Back