• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

DVD party!

Let's all dance... my DVD collection has reached 200 products! I say products, becuase with some products at 6 discs each... my actual number of DVDs is considerably higher.
Ever do the math on that? Figure each DVD product cost you $20 USD. We know its probably more than that since you have so many boxed sets, but for the sake of this excercise, $20 should be sufficient.

20 x 201 = $4,020

DAMN! There is a big chunk of change in DVDs! :) Although I am sure there are lots of people with a lot more than that, which is even scarier. ;) Ive only got around 70 or so myself...

Let's all dance... my DVD collection has reached 200 products! I say products, becuase with some products at 6 discs each... my actual number of DVDs is considerably higher.
Ever do the math on that? Figure each DVD product cost you $20 USD. We know its probably more than that since you have so many boxed sets, but for the sake of this excercise, $20 should be sufficient.

20 x 201 = $4,020

DAMN! There is a big chunk of change in DVDs! :) Although I am sure there are lots of people with a lot more than that, which is even scarier. ;) Ive only got around 70 or so myself...

I rarely buy DVDs at that price. I buy most at under £10. Some even lower... one of my latest was £4.50. Basically, I wait for prices to drop.

Then again, I probably have spent some good money on them.

I rarely buy DVDs at that price. I buy most at under £10. Some even lower... one of my latest was £4.50. Basically, I wait for prices to drop.

Then again, I probably have spent some good money on them.

See I agree with this philosophy, and have bought many of my DVDs this way. But considering my buying habits, I think $20 USD is about my average. Sure, some of the classic movies I have (Caddyshack, Spies Like Us, Stripes, The Great Escape) I have all got for $9.99 when they get cheap. But many of the latest movies I LOVE to get Special Editions and Directors Cuts of (Star Trek movies, Pulp Fiction, Abyss, Etc...) and those drive up the average costs per set. Then there are the boxed sets...

I do try to get em cheap when I can, but many of the SE sets are up there though, and dont come down...

See I agree with this philosophy, and have bought many of my DVDs this way. But considering my buying habits, I think $20 USD is about my average. Sure, some of the classic movies I have (Caddyshack, Spies Like Us, Stripes, The Great Escape) I have all got for $9.99 when they get cheap. But many of the latest movies I LOVE to get Special Editions and Directors Cuts of (Star Trek movies, Pulp Fiction, Abyss, Etc...) and those drive up the average costs per set. Then there are the boxed sets...

I do try to get em cheap when I can, but many of the SE sets are up there though, and dont come down...

My DVD collection is too small to justify having a list. Additionally to that, it isn't really "mine" - I share the possesion as I shared the costs with my dear sister

- B5 Season 1 (2&3 to be added soon)
- The Fellowship of the Ring, Special Edition
- Spinal Tap
- Chicken Run
- The Matrix
- Le Fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain (No idea the english title is. I've got the french release (with a german audio track))

My DVD collection is too small to justify having a list. Additionally to that, it isn't really "mine" - I share the possesion as I shared the costs with my dear sister

- B5 Season 1 (2&3 to be added soon)
- The Fellowship of the Ring, Special Edition
- Spinal Tap
- Chicken Run
- The Matrix
- Le Fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain (No idea the english title is. I've got the french release (with a german audio track))

umm...

Rommie?

You own... "Wing Commander" ?? :confused:

Yes, I own wing commander. I happen to have liked the movie. But then again, I like almost anything with a flying squadron of space fighters. Just a dream of mine. :)

Rommie :eek:

umm...

Rommie?

You own... "Wing Commander" ?? :confused:

Yes, I own wing commander. I happen to have liked the movie. But then again, I like almost anything with a flying squadron of space fighters. Just a dream of mine. :)

Hmm. You should be banned. Competition! :D

Or maybe I should marry you, then we'll have a massive collection!

Sorry, I'm taken. I don't think Shal would be too happy if her hubby was taken away from her. ;)

But my collection is growing all the time. I have just picked up Star Trek: Nemesis today. So I'll find out how badly they cut this movie all to hell. :p

Hmm. You should be banned. Competition! :D

Or maybe I should marry you, then we'll have a massive collection!

Sorry, I'm taken. I don't think Shal would be too happy if her hubby was taken away from her. ;)

But my collection is growing all the time. I have just picked up Star Trek: Nemesis today. So I'll find out how badly they cut this movie all to hell. :p

Good stuff, but I've always considered my collection as being "quality over quantity". Why? I don't have the money. ;) Anyways, have a look and make plenty of adoring comments.

CLICK.

And here I thought you had more Anime than I did, G'kar. Would I be correct in assuming that the rest of your Anime collection is on tape? :)

Good stuff, but I've always considered my collection as being "quality over quantity". Why? I don't have the money. ;) Anyways, have a look and make plenty of adoring comments.

CLICK.

And here I thought you had more Anime than I did, G'kar. Would I be correct in assuming that the rest of your Anime collection is on tape? :)

I don't like to think about it that way. Heck, I shudder to think about how much money I spent on music. People say things like, "For that money, you could have a nice car!" But I don't want a nice car- I'd rather have a mediocre car and a sweet music and movie collection.

Ayways, there's a link to my DVD collection in my sig.

Congrats on the big 2-0-0, Ant.

I don't like to think about it that way. Heck, I shudder to think about how much money I spent on music. People say things like, "For that money, you could have a nice car!" But I don't want a nice car- I'd rather have a mediocre car and a sweet music and movie collection.

Ayways, there's a link to my DVD collection in my sig.

Congrats on the big 2-0-0, Ant.

Well, that's PARTIALLY true. I have a few things on VHS. Such as:

-Wrath of the Ninja
-Trigun, Vol. 1
-Ninja Scroll

I forget the rest, but I have perhaps 2 or 3 other things... well, that I can't recall the name of. I also have about half a dozen tapes of DBZ. Of course, VHS has become an obsolete thing for me these days. Except for my remastered Star Wars collection and the Special Edition collection. And my third copy of Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

But like I said before, quality over quantity/I'm too cheap. :) Anime DVDs can KILL me. Most can't seem to be less than $25 or so. And when the prices DO drop, I don't have the cash. Fah. :eek:

Anyways, I DID get the final two Hellsing DVDs WITH the neato action figures of Alucard and Seras Victoria. I think that counts for something. :cool:

Well, that's PARTIALLY true. I have a few things on VHS. Such as:

-Wrath of the Ninja
-Trigun, Vol. 1
-Ninja Scroll

I forget the rest, but I have perhaps 2 or 3 other things... well, that I can't recall the name of. I also have about half a dozen tapes of DBZ. Of course, VHS has become an obsolete thing for me these days. Except for my remastered Star Wars collection and the Special Edition collection. And my third copy of Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

But like I said before, quality over quantity/I'm too cheap. :) Anime DVDs can KILL me. Most can't seem to be less than $25 or so. And when the prices DO drop, I don't have the cash. Fah. :eek:

Anyways, I DID get the final two Hellsing DVDs WITH the neato action figures of Alucard and Seras Victoria. I think that counts for something. :cool:

Latest posts

Members online

Back