• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Kitaro Sasaki here!

Putting aside 30+ years of sarcasm and cynicism slowly garnished by my ever-beloved profession ... welcome aboard.

Dang, must be one of the best Mondays I've had.
wink.gif

------------------
"Personal journal, Captain Matthew Gideon, continue. It's now three days since our visitors arrived on behalf of Earthgov's Political Affairs Office. There is apparently some concern with how our work here is being perceived back home. They've been assigned to "help" us. Before their tour is finished, I may have to kill them. Assuming, Lt. Matheson doesn't beat me to it."

Dang. You fall asleep for 10 hours and look what happens. This whole place is overrun by Rangers.
laugh.gif

Nice to see some of the actors taking an active role in the bboards, and in the show itself. Really brings my hopes up. Thanks peeps. And it's a compliment to all the nice posters here as well, since there wouldn't be a board without them, and they tend to behave themselves.(well, most, anyway
laugh.gif
)

Gotta go. Got school for the next, oh, 6 hours or so.

------------------
Sheridan: Are you trying to cheer me up?
Ivanova: No sir, wouldn't dream of it.
Sheridan: Good, I hate being cheered up. It's depressing.
Ivanova: So in that case we're all going to die horrible, painful, lingering deaths.
Sheridan: Thank you, I feel so much better now.

We'd better straighten ourselves up a bit on this site! We have polite people coming here. I thank you, Mr. Warren T. Takeuchi, Sir. I’m “hyp” to everyone who knows me here. We are all, obviously, looking forward to “To Live and Die in Starlight”. I’m glad to hear that the filming wasn’t too gruesome. I could never play an alien, the make-up would make me scream! (Get me out of this face cage!) I bet you got to come in later, playing a human!

All teasing aside, I think that there is a pretty good sized crowd waiting for the premiere of “To Live and Die in Starlight”. But in the meantime, either best of luck with your current pursuits, or enjoy your vacation before the grueling schedule of filming for the series B5LR begins (again, hope, pray, hope, pray, hope, pray [almost forgot, Minbari do things in 3’s]).
cool.gif

------------------
"I do not believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense,
reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."-- Galileo

Welcome to the board sarah cantrell. We need to get a thread started in OT for the actors.
cool.gif

4 actors and 1 special effects guy, this is great. Once again welcome!
cool.gif

------------------
"I didn't think so, but if I was wrong, I was wrong. I'd rather do something, and make a mistake than be frightened and be doing nothing. That's the problem back home. Folks have been conned to thinking they can't change the world, have to accept what is. I'll tell you something my friends. The world is changing every day, the only question is who's doing it."
-- Rev. Dexter in Babylon 5:"And the Rock Cried Out, No Hiding Place"

[This message has been edited by Chai (edited July 30, 2001).]

Myriam,

Thank you for taking the time to post to the board. I am sure that we all will be looking forward to hearing more about your experiences on the set and what you are currently working on.

Welcome!

------------------
When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in a confederacy against him.
-Jonathan Swift

[This message has been edited by Frizzell (edited July 30, 2001).]

All I can say is "Wow!"

And a warm welcome to Myriam as well.
smile.gif

It's really an honour to see so many cast members on this humble board.

I don't suppose I even have to mention just how eagerly we are all waiting for the Rangers movie... and the possible series, of course.
laugh.gif

------------------
"It's animal magnetism. What can I say?"
- G'Kar, A Tragedy of Telepaths

Hajimete ome ni kakarimasu minasan.

Watashitachi wa doozo yoroshiku.

Of course, now we have to decide what the "proper" Nihongo (Japanese) translation is for "Ranger".
wink.gif

------------------
Yes, I like cats too.
Shall we exchange Recipes?

Hajimemashita Bakana-san!

Dozo yoroshiku onigaishimasu! Genki desu ka?
Thank you everyone and Bakana for welcoming me to the "Rangers Discussion Boards"...You are all so kind and warm. You know how to make a stranger feel at home! Cheers! Omedeto desu! Matta desu! -Warren- "Kit"

------------------

I'd like to say welcome also to Myriam. I feel like we are pretty lucky to have you here. And to everyone else. (I'm a bit confused, is it Kitaro and Myriam and Gus Lynch and Sarah Cnatrell?)

What can one say, but WOW! Maybe the flarn fighting thread will have something better to do now!
blush.gif

------------------
"I do not believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense,
reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."-- Galileo

This is neat to have cast & crew from the show in here. Could you guys stick around long-term and visit often? I kept up with B5's original run on the internet but mostly just the spoiler pages and fan sites. I was not in on JMS's newsgroup posts, so reading posts from several people from the coming show will be a neat experience.

So, how did you guys hear about this site? Were you just surfing around, did someone mention it at a convention, or could JMS have even encouraged you to come in here since he's limiting his own exposure to the net lately? Didn't know if maybe he wanted to let you in on just how much of a fan base you'll have.
wink.gif
I guess I'm just curious; this is all very nostalgic.
smile.gif

------------------
Not many fishes left in the sea. Not many fishes, just Londo and me.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kitaro Sasaki:

The character "Tirk Drazi" will definitely be a crowd pleaser...the comedic relief of the crew members of the 'Liandra'...and will prove to be a fan favourite!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ZATHRAS!!!!!! or would that be ZATHRAS!!!! ? HMmmmmm....

Ro

P.S., J/K Gus. I'm sure Tirk will be a new high in Drazi humor... obliterating all memory engrams of that "Z" fellow...
wink.gif

R

------------------
I have no surviving
enemies. At all.

Hello and welcome!! I hope you will find this a fun place to be! There is lots of goofiness in these threads, so don't feel like you have to come here and be 'a member of the cast' all the time. Relax, kick back and take a break from the grind. Pick on 'Enterprise' or wax philosophical about X-Files; join a spoo fight or whatever... I for one would like to think of you as one of the gang.
laugh.gif

------------------
The avalance has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hypatia:
I'd like to say welcome also to Myriam. I feel like we are pretty lucky to have you here. And to everyone else. (I'm a bit confused, is it Kitaro and Myriam and Gus Lynch and Sarah Cnatrell?)

What can one say, but WOW! Maybe the flarn fighting thread will have something better to do now!
blush.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The 4 actors that have visited this site are,

Myriam Sirois
as Sarah Cantrell, posting as sarah cantrell

Gus Lynch
as Tirk, posting as Gus Lynch

Warren T. Takeuchi
as Kitaro Sasaki, posting as Kitaro Sasaki

and

Enid-Raye Adams
as Firell, posting as thatfirellgirl

As well as one of the CG artists,
Alec McClymont posting as Slade.

I believe thats it so far.

------------------
"I didn't think so, but if I was wrong, I was wrong. I'd rather do something, and make a mistake than be frightened and be doing nothing. That's the problem back home. Folks have been conned to thinking they can't change the world, have to accept what is. I'll tell you something my friends. The world is changing every day, the only question is who's doing it."
-- Rev. Dexter in Babylon 5:"And the Rock Cried Out, No Hiding Place"

BTW, did Andreas bother to warn the actors about the way JMS sometimes reacts to Teddy Bears and other forms of "Cute"??

If Andreas hasn't filled you in on the "Real Dirt", ask him about the script where Londo & G'Kar end up in Bed together.

Hint: In times of great stress, Narns sometimes undergo a spontaneous change of Gender.
shocked.gif

------------------
Yes, I like cats too.
Shall we exchange Recipes?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kitaro Sasaki:
Cyber-hello to everyone!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hello chap and welcome to our humble home
smile.gif

Ah we honored by you visitation.

------------------
Deviot
Lincbot@yahoo.com.au

What a delightful surprise!

Welcome to any and all of the cast and crew. I know we all hope to "see" a lot more of you in the future, and wish you unqualifed success in this project!

In the meantime, thank you so much for spending time with us!

What a shame we can't schedule some of these visits...?

------------------
"What's up, Drakh?"

Michael Garibaldi

[This message has been edited by Mondo Londo (edited July 30, 2001).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>HUMBLE board?
I dunno...Ive read some of Joe D's posts....
laugh.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey! I resemble that remark!
smile.gif
(By the way, you left out the apostrophe in "I've"...)

I guess I now know which character I should root for to end up in medlab on a regular basis and never get the girl.
laugh.gif

On a more serious note, welcome Kitaro. I'm sure you're presence will raise the level of conversation above that set by some of your fellow thespians.
wink.gif

It is, of course, a thrill to have all of you posting here. I look forward to seeing reports from the set ]i]when[/i] Sci-Fi gets off its butt and puts Rangers into production as a series. Yes, even the ones from Gus.
crazy.gif

Regards,

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

joseph-demartino@att.net

A few words about the great maker, Joe Michael Stracyznski...First and foremost, he is a completely brilliant man! It is unbelievable how accomodating he is as a executive producer, creator, director...comic book writer...feature film screenwriter! Unbelievable...and he still finds the time to answer fan emails personally...

0ne thing that he stressed to all of us cast members was that he was welcome to discuss any concerns or creative suggestions that we had regarding our characters. He was always open to positive elements that would enhance the story telling process...

He was so kind as to change my original character name, "Li Chen" to a Japanese name, "Kitaro Sasaki", and then ask me if I was okay with the name choice! "Okay I said...?!?" I thought that this was unbelievable...If JMS asked me to jump...I would say..."How high?"

Anyways, once again, a pleasure to be apart of 'Babylon 5' saga...Yes Gus Lynch...You were extremely brilliant as "Tirk Drazi"...That is why you got the role my friend! Actually, on a serious note, I feel, and again, I can speak for the rest of the cast...(excluding Gus)...The character "Tirk Drazi" will definitely be a crowd pleaser...the comedic relief of the crew members of the 'Liandra'...and will prove to be a fan favourite!

In addition, every individual cast member has contributed a special element that will contrast one another...the result of this is...MAGIC...-Warren T.Takeuchi-

------------------

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back