• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Kitaro Sasaki here!

Another Rangers cast member! *glee* And this time you're asking us what -we- do for a living? My.

The answer to that question is: everything.

Honestly.

-Channey

------------------
Channe, Freelance Writer Extraordinaire and The Next JMS
--
B5 Synchroninity of the Day: I just found out that the new dorm I'm living in next year has been named Breen Hall.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>It can’t be a ‘spoiler’ to ask you about your biographical information. At least I think it can’t.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't know. Depends on the Bio.

JMS used some of Mira Furlan's bio when he wrote scenes for Delenn.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>JMS Speaks:

Funny thing is how much, as you note, the show corresponds to some of the things Mira's been through ... some of it intentional, knowing that if I dig into this area, it'll come out of her with the ring of truth ... some of it quite unintentional.
When I finished writing "Severed Dreams," and the actors got it, Mira's first words to me were, "So ... how long DID you live in Yugoslavia?" The parallel wasn't intentional ... but it fit.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------
Yes, I like cats too.
Shall we exchange Recipes?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> I was wondering why so many of your biographies are listing “no information currently available”! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I believe the powers that be are probably in the stages of updating bio info. I can only assume of course and you know what happens when you assume....

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Okay, perhaps you can help me here... What is the attraction of golf? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Besides the four and a half hour walk through some of the most beautiful country and courses that have been designed to intergrate into the natural order of the land... there really is no other reason to golf. I suck. It was probably a wayward ball of mine that tested the integrity of your head.
wink.gif

Thanks for the welcomes folks
Dean

------------------

Why have golf when you can climb the Adirondack Mountains?

I swear, everyone, before they die, should come out to Lake Placid and climb some of the mountains around here. It's such a wonderful country around there.

Golf is taking that sort of country, transforming it into landscaping, and making it fake.

If I lived anywhere else, I'd miss my mountains....

------------------
--
B5 Synchroninity of the Day: I just found out that the new dorm I'm living in next year has been named Breen Hall.

Golf: you get to go outside playing a psudo-sport with three other people who are probably just as frustratingly bad as you are and goofing around for several hours. There's also the inevitable revelation about the 17th hole of the one thing you've needed to fix your swing that brings you back only to be useless the next time around.

Welcome all and I would recomend using JMS or Joe(we'll know who you mean from context). I'm sure it's odd since you actually know the guy but it saves time and the brain cramp from trying to remember how to spell his last name(which is usually the quickest way to tell imposters, are we really to believe he can't spell his own last name).

------------------
Bus

"Yeah, we could start our own game where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing's the way it seems."-Homer

I have just one question for all the fine actors for the Rangers movie.

If they went toe to toe who would win?

Purple Drazi or Green Drazi? thats all :)

thanks

------------------
DS9 and B5. Who would have thought 2 of my fav shows would take place on stations in the middle of nowhere :)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by channe:
Why have golf when you can climb the Adirondack Mountains?

I swear, everyone, before they die, should come out to Lake Placid and climb some of the mountains around here. It's such a wonderful country around there.

Golf is taking that sort of country, transforming it into landscaping, and making it fake.

If I lived anywhere else, I'd miss my mountains....

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, not everyone is near mountains!
laugh.gif

Plus, as much as I hate to admit it, after a number of years, we start slowing down.

I remember back in high school asking one of my teachers this very question when he mentioned playing golf. I couldn't believe anyone would ever be so old as to not want to play baseball/hockey/football/basketball/soccer, etc. He told me people start slowing down...

Sigh. Now I know what he means!
wink.gif

Golf is a pleasant way to waste time in the open air, and you can often get away with calling it business-related! Where I live, I'd much rather have more golf courses instead of more shopping malls, multi-level housing developments, etc.

------------------
"What's up, Drakh?"

Michael Garibaldi

I never played golf, but I understand. It looks like a nice activity.

But I can't, for the love of god, understand watching it on TV! I like playing video games and eating, but I don't want to watch someone else do it; it would be boring.

------------------
"You do not make history. You can only hope to survive it."

I am somewhat shamefaced to admit that when I joined this site a couple of days ago I had no idea who this Kitaro guy was!

I'm dreadful with names unless I can match it to a face - then they're implanted like a Shadow interface into my brain!
laugh.gif

Kitaro, Myriam, and the other actors and crew - Gus (?) thank you so very much for taking the time to communicate with us, and not just one message, but to continue the banter with your fans.

It must be strange to have fans of a show already, and to discover that they are so keen, so interested, so involved, before anyone has seen more than the briefest footage.

I saw the preview online at Sci-Fi.com yesterday, and though it kept breaking up, what I saw and heard gave me chills!

I, like everyone else, cannot even begin to express how thrilled and impressed I am to have you guys frequenting this site.

If at anytime we appear too familiar, take it with a grain of salt. The world knows that Science Fiction fans are passionate and intense creatures, and a lot less violent that football fans!
laugh.gif

------------------
"Officially, I'm a P5. Unofficially, my range is more... much more."

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GKarsEye:
I never played golf, but I understand. It looks like a nice activity.

But I can't, for the love of god, understand watching it on TV! I like playing video games and eating, but I don't want to watch someone else do it; it would be boring.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're right, on TV it can be dreadful! When I do watch it, I look at the players' form, swing, etc. to see if I can learn something.

The same way I try to watch Clapton's fingerings and hand positions...

The same way I used to watch Willie Mays, Roberto Clemente, etc., to see how they'd handle an inside pitch at different points in a game...

Aside from that, though you're right. Cleaning my barbecue grill is much more useful...

------------------
"What's up, Drakh?"

Michael Garibaldi

*blush*

Yes I too, like Catheryn above me had no idea who this Kitaro Sasaki was. I have been debating whether or not I should wait till I see the telemovie, or find out as much as I can now! What to do...!?

I am just as delighted as everyone to discover that this Kitaro individual is a member of the new telemovie 'To Live and Die in Starlight'.

To him, Dean, Miriam and Gus... and others I have not yet encountered... welcome.

I can only echo what has been said about sixty times already - we are very pleased to have you here. One could indeed say honoured.

One request - in the months before your film airs, and however long before the inevitable series begins - do not forget us.

Catheryn mentioned that Science Fiction fans are dedicated, passionate people, we are (for the most part) also intensley welcoming and friendly.

So Dean, if you need friends, I would dare to say you have found quite a few! *laughs*

Also, thank you all for engaging in the light hearted conversation that occurs, and also for engaging in speculation on other topics, not only your film. Many of us do not just want to know your characters, but are just as interested in each of you as people.

Science Fiction fans often follow their favourite actors across genre as well.

Do not worry about the series, it will be. A very wonderful Minbari Religious Caste quote, spoken often by Delenn -

Faith Manages.

We have faith, you as a collective seem to have faith, The Great Maker has faith.

No Network can stand against us!
tongue.gif

------------------
We are Grey... We stand between the Candle, and the Star...
Between Darkness, and the Light...

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dean Marshall:
Besides the four and a half hour walk through some of the most beautiful country and courses that have been designed to intergrate into the natural order of the land... there really is no other reason to golf. I suck. It was probably a wayward ball of mine that tested the integrity of your head.
wink.gif

Thanks for the welcomes folks
Dean

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, that's why Mark Twain called it "a good walk spoiled", eh?

And I was nowhere near a golf course when I got hit, so you're in the clear.
wink.gif

What's funny is I hadn't thought about that incident in years. A contraband golf ball in summer school class took a bounce and cracked me right in the eye.

Yes, there was PAIN and I saw stars... but that was nothing to when the ER doc told me that I was lucky on two counts.

1. I wasn't wearing my glasses at the time, so no danger of shards.
shocked.gif

2. That since it was hand thrown, not club driven, it was significantly slower and so I would probably not lose the eye.

Yes, suddenly I realize why I've never taken up golf. YIKES...

Anybody got a hard hat????

Ro

------------------
I have no surviving
enemies. At all.

[This message has been edited by Technomage Roanna (edited August 07, 2001).]

I got a black eye from getting hit last week with a stray badminton birdie.

And... sometimes I can't spell my own last name.

Honestly.

------------------
--

I used to to live right across the steet from a golf course back in California. Had more than one golf ball go through a window.
laugh.gif

Of course, the upside to that is we took all the balls that went over the fense and sold them again. Wasn't much, but it was capitalism in action.
tongue.gif

I prefer miniature golf. I'll take me a windmill with a ramp over a par 5 600 yard hole anyday.
wink.gif

------------------
Sheridan: Are you trying to cheer me up?
Ivanova: No sir, wouldn't dream of it.
Sheridan: Good, I hate being cheered up. It's depressing.
Ivanova: So in that case we're all going to die horrible, painful, lingering deaths.
Sheridan: Thank you, I feel so much better now.

Hello! It's nice to meet you!

EntilZhaDelenn

------------------
"Treasure the moments you have. Savor them for as long as you can for they will never come back again."

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back