• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Kitaro Sasaki here!

Hi everyone,
I wanted to tell you all that I too feel as Warren does about Andreas. He is such a pleasure to be around and I can't tell you how great it was to have him there on set with us. As for Babylon 5 I have to say that it was all pretty new to me, yet since getting the role of Sarah, I have been watching the show as much as I can and reading many of your messages in order to learn more about it. Thanks for the questions. Myriam.

------------------

Myriam,

Thanks for dropping by and sharing your thoughts about working on the show.

Heaven help you, if you are reading our posts to learn more about the show.
tongue.gif
We generally behave ourselves, and at times, we do have fairly intelligent discussions about the show. However, do not be suprised if a post degenerates into sounding off on tube tops yea or nay. We have a tendency to do that sort of thing.

From the little tidbits that we have been able to glean from here and there, I have gotten the impression that a few of your scenes might have been physically demanding. Were there aspects of the filming that you found grueling? I know that you cannot give anything away, but I was hoping that you could be very vague.

Frizzell

------------------
When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in a confederacy against him.
-Jonathan Swift

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kitaro Sasaki:
"Final Fantasy" was a pretty good attempt to show how closely a computer can mimic a human being...still quite abit off

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought the characters in final fantasy looked very very good , so close to real people I don't think it will take em to long til we can't tell the difference...the main problem I saw they has was with the cgi facial expressions.

------------------
Deviot
Lincbot@yahoo.com.au

I figured we were all in for it when I heard they had invented a computer that could beat a grand master at chess!

And I still have my suspicions that Joe D. is Hal 1000. Maybe even up to Hal 2000 by now!
shocked.gif

------------------
"I do not believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense,
reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."-- Galileo

I gots three words to say about computer generated characters: Jar-jar Binks.

No matter how advanced CGI gets, human actors will still be central to film and television.

I'll make an analogy to drummers. When drum machines came out, many thought that drummers were to become obsolete. The machines could play anything you program it to, at speeds that humans cannot do. Machines don't need to rehearse, they don't get drunk or show up late to rehearsal, etc.

So what happened with all the excitement over drum machines? Disco.

There's a human quality to to doing things that connects to people. No computer can replace Andreas Katsulas' (sp?) performance yesterday ("Where is the spoo going, Mollari?") just like no machine can replace Art Blakey riding the hi-hat.

------------------
"You do not make history. You can only hope to survive it."

Welcome Kitaro and thanks for the info! It's cool to see the cast from LOTR pop in here. I hope when you do, you have a good time with all of us B5 nuts!
laugh.gif
crazy.gif
tongue.gif

------------------
Sheridan to Bester:
And I could nail your head to the table, set fire to it, and feed your charred remains to the Pak'ma'ra.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>What is this, four B5LR castmembers, now? Gus, Myriam, Enid-Raye, Warren…? Gosh… you folks don’t know me from Eve and already I’m calling you by your first names. I haven’t even seen a picture of Enid-Raye out of her Minbari makeup. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually it's five castmembers and one CG artist. I've made a list of cast members and the names on the board.

The 5 actors that have visited this site are,

Dylan Neal
as David Martel, posting as Dylan Neal

Myriam Sirois
as Sarah Cantrell, posting as sarah cantrell

Gus Lynch
as Tirk, posting as Gus Lynch

Warren T. Takeuchi
as Kitaro Sasaki, posting as Kitaro Sasaki

and

Enid-Raye Adams
as Firell, posting as thatfirellgirl
and her web page. http://www.enid-rayeadams.com/ (more pictures here)

As well as one of the CG artists,
Alec McClymont posting as Slade.

I believe thats it so far.

B5LR has a cast and crew section which has a picture of each of the actors.
http://www.b5lr.com/castandcrew.html

------------------
"I didn't think so, but if I was wrong, I was wrong. I'd rather do something, and make a mistake than be frightened and be doing nothing. That's the problem back home. Folks have been conned to thinking they can't change the world, have to accept what is. I'll tell you something my friends. The world is changing every day, the only question is who's doing it."
-- Rev. Dexter in Babylon 5:"And the Rock Cried Out, No Hiding Place"

Hey, Firrell's a hottie!

Too bad she'll be stuck under that makeup and bulky Ranger uniform. Oh well.

------------------
"You do not make history. You can only hope to survive it."

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> Too bad she'll be stuck under that makeup <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What, you don't think she can be a Minbari Hottie?
laugh.gif

Something I got in E-Mail tonight. I just think it's Funny.
wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>
In the beginning...

In the beginning God created the heavens and the Earth.
And the Earth was without form, and void, and darkness was upon the face of the deep.

And Satan said, "It doesn't get any better than this."

And God said, "Let there be light," and there was light.
And God said, "Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit," and God saw that it was good.

And Satan said, "There goes the neighborhood."

And God said, "Let us make Man in our image, after our likeness, and let him have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air and over the cattle, and over all the Earth, and over every thing that creepeth upon the Earth."

And so God created Man in his own image; male and female created he them.
And God looked upon Man and Woman and saw that they were lean and fit.

And Satan said, "I know how I can get back in this game."

And God populated the earth with broccoli and cauliflower and spinach, green and yellow vegetables of all kinds, so Man and Woman would live long and healthy lives.

And Satan created McDonald's.
And McDonald's brought forth the 99-cent double cheeseburger.

And Satan said to Man, "You want fries with that?"
And Man said, "Supersize them." And Man gained 5 pounds.

And God created the healthful yogurt, that woman might keep her figure that man found so fair.

And Satan brought forth chocolate.
And Woman gained 5 pounds.

And God said, "Try my crispy fresh salad."

And Satan brought forth Ben and Jerry's.
And Woman gained 10 pounds.

And God said, "I have sent thee heart-healthy vegetables and olive oil, with which to cook them."

And Satan brought forth chicken-fried steak so big it needed its own platter.
And Man gained 10 pounds and his bad cholesterol went through the roof.

And God brought forth running shoes and Man resolved to lose those extra pounds.

And Satan brought forth cable TV with remote control so Man would not have to toil to change channels between ESPN and ESPN2.
And Man gained another 20 pounds.

And God said, "You're running up the score, Satan."

And God brought forth the potato, a vegetable naturally low in fat and brimming with nutrition.

And Satan peeled off the healthful skin and sliced the starchy center into chips and deep fat fried them.
And he created sour cream dip also.

And Man clutched his remote control and ate the potato chips swaddled in cholesterol.

And Satan saw and said, "It is good."

And Man went into cardiac arrest.

And God sighed and created quadruple bypass surgery.

And Satan created the HMO...
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------
Yes, I like cats too.
Shall we exchange Recipes?

FANNISH MONOLOGUE FOLLOWS:

What is this, four B5LR castmembers, now? Gus, Myriam, Enid-Raye, Warren…? Gosh… you folks don’t know me from Eve and already I’m calling you by your first names. I haven’t even seen a picture of Enid-Raye out of her Minbari makeup.

I have to say that for the “normals” frequenting this board, it is always amazing to be talking with people involved with the creation of the story (or, the Great Story, if you want to really show off your B5 geekdom). Basically, we thrive on tidbits thrown to us from the producers (as well as JMS’ sporadic visits to the moderated USENET board).

We have nine-to-five jobs in offices. We work in mall clothing stores and are the cashiers at department stores. For some of us, talking to you is the closest we’re going to get to “Rangers” without duct-taping our noses to the television screen in January. We eat up behind-the-scenes stories like chocolate (ever hear the sagas behind the B5 blooper reel? And, I’m telling you, we still get a kick out of the Teddy Bear story, even though I can swear to you none of us were there, none of us even knew it happened until someone told it at a con, etc., etc…) We eat it up.

SF fans are notoriously loyal. Even though your names may never be heard outside of SF fandom, you will always be rabidly followed by at least those of us who frequent Scifi.com and B5LR. If you quit the show, if there IS a show, we will cry over it like we wailed over Claudia Christian’s departure from B5. People like Joe DeMartino (we still think he’s JMS, or the Athenian Oracle, or something to that effect, no matter what he says) will analyze your character until you scream that “that’s NOT MY MOTIVATION AT ALL!!!” And, probably the best part for you, is that ten years from now we’ll still be following your careers.

Now that I’ve finished making you slightly paranoid…

I’m glad the movie was made. Very glad. I was almost always impressed with B5, other than the Byron arc, and from the promotional photos I’ve seen I’m very excited! Now, I hope you guys did a good enough job that we’ll be seeing you over and over again in a series!

Now, back to my regularly scheduled life as a secretary.

------------------
Channe, Freelance Writer Extraordinaire and The Next JMS
--
B5 Synchroninity of the Day: I just found out that the new dorm I'm living in next year has been named Breen Hall.

I have to side with the faction that says No Computer will ever be able to equal a good Actor.

I'm sure some of the moguls in the studios would like to think so, but they would be Wrong.
tongue.gif

------------------
Yes, I like cats too.
Shall we exchange Recipes?

Hello there frizzell, I'll start by thanking you for your question and then try my best to answer it for you. Your information is right, as Sarah I got the chance to do some incredibly fun and challenging work, some of which was physical in nature.

I unfortunately can't talk about the details of what that was but I can tell you, that from what I've seen so far you will really like it. I am most proud of it.

Everyone, cast and crew was so helpful and supportive during filming that it wasn't as hard as it could have been. They helped me tremendously and I could never have done it without them.
Thanks again for your question. Ciao for now. Myriam
wink.gif

------------------

Thank you Myriam!
laugh.gif

Frizzell

------------------
When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in a confederacy against him.
-Jonathan Swift

Welcome all, from a humble would-be Ranger
smile.gif

I have always regarded B5 as special because of the way jms interacted with the fans and talked to them. It made me feel like I was almost a part of it
laugh.gif
I sent up a few prayers when we didn't know if we were going to get a fifth season.

So, to have you guys here is wonderful. It's amazing that I'm a part of this, even though I may have to wait a year before we get LOTR on terrestial UK TV (that is assuming C4 buys it
mad.gif
)

We've created a community, isn't that great?
I love B5.

------------------
Ranger Elenopa

"You can get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you can with just a kind word"

smile.gif
Que pasa mi amigos? More Rangers around here than a Texas shoot-out. What's the posse all rounded up for? We hitting a bank?
Covert operations guy here, but you didn't see me...
Ah.. the fear factor of my other crew members astound me, here's the real scoop on what happened on set....gambling. Gus Lynch cleaned house! Warren and I lost half our paycheck to that double crossing, cross-dressing Drazi...don't let their slow demeaner fool you...Drazis' know where to hide an ace.
Myriam was just impossible to get alone with, see... she used to be a knife-throwing russian girl in her past life and she kept trying to convince everyone to, "Stand still! Just stand still!" in a thick accent. We tried to support her talent but nobody would "stand still."
laugh.gif
And Enid-Ray? Oh my god she just like..speaks a different language, I think it's called, "funny," and she's quite fluent at it.
Warren, mister karate man, kicked me in the ding-ding... but he did it in such a polite way that I had to forgive him. He is a true gentleman and man of honour. Stay away from his feet, Deadly!!
I'll keep the rest of it, (gory details of revenge and betrayal) a deep dark secret till my grave...or until I'm short a buck or two and the National Enquirer comes a knockin'...
shocked.gif

Love you all because I need friends,
Dean
aka: Malcolm "Boom Boom" Bridges

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> Drazis' know where to hide an ace. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Would that place happen to be a small pouch just under their shoulder? If so, I'd recommend not playing with him anymore. That's just disgusting.
laugh.gif

And yes, it's a joke about B5, for those who haven't seen A Call to Arms yet.

------------------
Sheridan: Are you trying to cheer me up?
Ivanova: No sir, wouldn't dream of it.
Sheridan: Good, I hate being cheered up. It's depressing.
Ivanova: So in that case we're all going to die horrible, painful, lingering deaths.
Sheridan: Thank you, I feel so much better now.

A cross dressing Drazi? It looks like the very humble Joe D will have more ammunition to use against the truly modest Gus Lynch, when he makes another appearance.

Hello, Dean. Thanks for the information.
laugh.gif

We have already grilled the other cast members about their current projects. So, what are you currently working on?

Frizzell

------------------
-Jonathan Swift

"I love the smell of toner in the morning."
-Eberts

[This message has been edited by Frizzell (edited August 06, 2001).]

smile.gif
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> Would that place happen to be a small pouch just under their shoulder? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That Drazi basturd.... he kept grinning everytime he passed out the cards... I feel sick!
shocked.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> We have already grilled the other cast members about their current projects. So, what are you currently working on? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well Frizzell, I'm working on my golf game and a show coming up called Riff Raff, a play written by Lawrence Fishbourne of Matrix fame. We'll be running it last week of Sept., first two weeks of OCt. Here in Vancouver of course. What are you up to? What do you do?
Living, Learning, loving,
Dean
laugh.gif
cool.gif

------------------

Well, another star from the telemovie! This is getting to be a treat. I was wondering why so many of your biographies are listing “no information currently available”! It can’t be a ‘spoiler’ to ask you about your biographical information. At least I think it can’t.
wink.gif

------------------
"I do not believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense,
reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."-- Galileo

Welcome Dean. Nice to have another member of the crew posting...

Okay, perhaps you can help me here... What is the attraction of golf?

Perhaps the golf ball incident from my youth skews my view. I still squint from that eye sometimes...
wink.gif

Ro

------------------
I have no surviving
enemies. At all.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back